Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

AMEN!!  I am also loving Ocasio-Cortez right now. She's got their attention and like the Parkland students, they can't win the game on twitter. And frankly they have all looked ridiculous for example in going after her for dancing. I may not agree with her on certain things, but she knows how to play the social media game and her interview on 60 minutes with Cooper - well Cooper looked like the idiot. She's learning. Maybe partially from Pelosi.

• Members

Same.  First of all, it wasn't as if she was nude in the video, or straddling a pole (or some dude).  AOC was clothed the entire time, with none of her "lady parts" showing.  Second, it was done before she entered the political scene, but unlike with, say, Brett Kavanaugh, AOC's dancing was a consensual act; and no one had been violated sexually in the making of said video.  And third, if we were to tisk-tisk her for dancing so provocatively, then we'd have to do the same to Ally Sheedy and even John Hughes, since it was "The Breakfast Club," and Sheedy's dance moves in particular, that AOC was paying homage to.

Edited by Khan

• Members

This may make me sound like a crank but I think that the account that shared that video of her was actually a supporter of hers. There's no reason anyone would look at that video and see something wrong with it. It also served the purpose of taking a day when the new House was sworn in and Nancy Pelosi retook the gavel and made AOC the topic. She might as well have shared that video herself.

• Members

Supreme Court shoots down mystery overseas corporation fighting Mueller subpoena: So says WaPo. And, to add, the female Rissian attorney at that reported Trump Tower meeting about "adoptions" ages ago has been charged with obstruction of justice.

I want to see Spanky exploding on TV tonight. But I won't. Because I refuse to listen to his lies and watch his pasty orange bloated self.

• Members

I wouldn't be surprised. 

The thing with AOC is it is always about her. Media coverage, yes, but also when she gives comments, we're given reminders (some subtle and some not) that she has the solutions, she is above the rest, etc. 

That doesn't mean she's a bad person or a terrible politician, but she reminds me so much of the types of Democrats I learned to avoid...even as she claims she is nothing like them. 

• Members

I heard a discussion on NPR where someone suggested that Trump's declaring a national emergency might make it easier to reopen the government. If Trump thinks that he can build his wall himself then there's no reason to keep the government shutdown. That jibes with what I've read from people versed in NPD. The best way to get a narcissist to back down is to give them a way of saving face.

• Members

But the taxpayers will pay another $5 BILLION. That doesn't seem like a solution to me. Give in to a narcissist once and they will keep upping the ante. And even if Trump does declare an emergency (where none truly exists now, mind you!), no way will this NOT be tied up in the courts for years, anyway.