The Politics Thread

• Members

to me, he comes off as "give me what I want, and I aint giving you all s***".

now Trump wants to fire the Chairman of the Fed because of the rate hikes and the stock market tanking.

all we need is rope, a blanket and a 7/11 to get coffee and donuts....

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Same.

It's actually really depressing to see how this is all playing out.  So much dysfunction. I hate to mention the "R" word but with so much chaos and uncertainty, and the financial markets in the state they're in now, it just seems like the circumstances will be ripe for another recession.

• Members

Trump is my older brother, and the Senate and House are my parents.  He ain't gonna shut up until they give him what he wants.

("Well," I would always say, "that should keep [my brother] quiet for the next minute."  Trust me, it wouldn't be any different with Trump should Congress finally give in.)

Edited by Khan

• Members

Agree.  Like I said, or rather suggested, the minute Congress gives in on the wall, Trump will bitch about the next bright, shiny object that's outside his reach.  (In fact, once he has the wall, he probably won't give a second thought about it.  Again, just like my brother.)  He'll never be satisfied.

If my folks had stood firm just once with my brother like Congress is doing right now, then maybe my brother wouldn't have made so many shockingly stupid mistakes, thereby sparing us more than a few sleepless nights in the Khan household.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Trump has already broken campaign promises.  He was emphatic that Mexico would pay for the wall.  Now that it is clear that there will never be any chance of that happening, he's just trying to shift the goalpost (apologies for the sports metaphor) and slide the bill to taxpayers.

Only his ditzy base believes otherwise.