The Politics Thread

• Members

Y'all know I'm into this Russia investigation like it's my job but I can't even keep track of everything going on now:

Manafort breaks his plea deal

Cohen pleads guilty

Deustche Bank offices raided

Maria Butina moved to solitary

Stone/Corsi 

It's all coming together. I just hope tomorrow brings us another round of indictments being unsealed. I've noticed that big news often breaks when Trump travels. I'm pretty sure WaPo holds some stories just to drop them as soon as AF1 takes off.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

@JaneAusten Nothing about the NYT surprises me these days.  The AP, tbh, did surprise me a bit but they won't do so, in the future. 

The New York Times made the mistake of sending me a "random" survey to fill out and boy did I let them have it! 

Their misleading, click-baity ledes, their obvious lack of diversity in staffing of reporters, etc.  and their obvious 'caping' (I didn't use that word exactly) for right-wing and Trumpists' perspectives.  I went "awf"! 

I also have to add that both the NYT and the Washington Post have tried so assiduously, over recent years (before Trump) to paint the GOP as trying to cultivate diversity, Blacks and Latinos, in particular.  I can remember articles painting Mia Love as an example of the efforts by the Republican party to embrace ethnic, racial and gender diversity within it's ranks.  Also, there was more than one unfortunate piece naming Tim Scott as the conscience of the Republican party for supposedly tut-tutting at Trump's obvious racism.  

Well, we see what all this has come down to.

Stevie Wonder can see the collusion a mile away but Trump's lackeys and fans will continue to drink the Kool-Aid and deny deny deny.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Burke is a longtime alderman from Richard Daley Sr. admin days. He also runs a law practice specializing in property tax appeals and if you know anything about one of the big scandals in Illinois, it centers around property taxes, which are a mess in Illinois partially due to people like Burke. Yes he represents trump but unless he's somehow involved in some of the Trump deals(which is possible), not sure if there is a connection. We'll see.

But this could center around his involvement in moving the 100 million dollar workers compensation fund to Rahm Emmanuel's office. Burke has been overseeing the fund and has been unwilling to disclose the identity of recipients and payouts. Movement to Emmanuel's office also removed oversight by the City of Chicago inspector General.