Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Krysten Sinnema is currently leading in the very close Arizona Senate race. Her opponent, Congresswoman Martha McSally (who had Gabby Giffords' old seat), is yet another media darling, one they've been gushing over for most of the decade. She let the mask slip on who she really is when she was practically doing handstands over the thought of repealing Obamacara. 

https://www.vox.com/2018/11/8/18075478/midterm-elections-arizona-vote-count-mcsally-sinema

It's still too early to tell what will happen here, but if they do win in Arizona, and somehow manage to win in Florida, that would mean the Republicans only got a 1-seat pickup in a year that was absolutely perfect for them.  It also, ideally, means even more pressure on phony moderates like Susan Collins, making it more likely she will retire to wingnut welfare.

Now that Chuck Todd and friends (who were gleeful over the possibility of Republicans romping) didn't get their cookie, expect focus on Mitt Romney and how Mitt Romney is going to be a moderating voice in the Senate and blah blah his father blah blah blah. It's all BS, as is anything involving Mitt Romney, but they also spent a lot of time and money hyping him for a decade - can't let that go to waste.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Who exactly is a populist in Europe and they have parliamentary systems which are a heck of a lot different than what we have. Populist? I'd call Sherrod Brown a real populist versus Sanders and Brown has actually gotten legislation passed.

I'll vote for Andrew Gillum, Beto O'Rourke, Stacy Abrams, Amy Klobacher,  Sherrod Brown. I'd list a hundred people before Sanders.

They need a new GOP savior now that Nikki Haley the fraud is gone.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

I didn't mean it that way... I meant the comment as two separate statements.. I didn't mean there were populists in Europe, just that I like their form of governments better. 

Abortion and guns is the biggest deal here. I can tell you that for sure. Ike Skelton, who had been my congressman for most of my life,  is a pro life centrist democrat... and he held his seat for 37 years, all the way up until 2009. It also helped he lived his entire life in the district he represented, and was a VERY friendly person. I ended up doing a fair amount of the flowers for his funeral, and he was well loved by all. So Democrats can win... if they just are pro life and/or pro guns.  And also, people just HATED Hillary here, why I don't know.... since they loved her husband. That makes no sense to me. In my county, Hillary only got 26% of the vote... while Obama had gotten FORTY FIVE. That's a huge freakin difference. 

Edited by alphanguy74

• Members

Populist in Europe often leans toward fascist. 

Ryan Zinke, another scandal-plagued member of Trump's Cabinet, is likely on the way out.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/08/ryan-zinke-fox-news-956537

Trump picking him for his Cabinet is one of the reasons Jon Tester won reelection (even after Trump and his sons went all over Montana begging voters to reject him). 

• Members

I saw one clip of Katy Tur (I think. she's always on morning joe) with the huge smile on her face saying "it's going to be a great night for the Republicans"....until the results started coming in.

so that's why Trump fired Sessions and put this clown in.

News sources on Twitter are now saying Donald Jr. may be arrested as soon as tomorrow. don't know how true this is, but sources close to Mueller have made this known. 

Stay tuned.

• Members

Seriously, what in the hell is WRONG with Florida?  I know what our (Oklahomans') problem is: as one of my FB friends said, we're just a bad electorate.  But, Florida.  Dear God, Florida.  You can't ever pick decent people to run your state AND the way you go about picking 'em almost always ends up being a big, honking mess.

I'm with Roman: hand me a saw, too, and let's cut Florida from the map like the dead weight that it is.

And when I see it, I'm going to unleash a Pointer Sisters playlist that the world has never known.

Edited by Khan

• Members

It sounds like the woman in charge of ballots in Broward County is very incompetent, and is now going to be used as a scapegoat to justify stopping vote counting. 

I'm getting such bad 2000 flashbacks. I guess we should have known the universe was telling us something when Brooks Brothers Riot alum Brett Kavanaugh popped up this year. 

I hope Democrats can stop this from being 2000 all over again. At least they don't seem to be making Al Gore's mistake. And there is no odious Lieberman there to make things worse (last I heard of him he was trying and failing to stop his old foe Ned Lamont from being elected CT governor).

In happier news, not that you'll hear the media talk about it, but apparently this is the most seats Democrats have won in the House since Watergate. 

Here are a lot of tweets from the Mueller rallies. I never thought I'd live in an era when thousands have to turn out to support a special prosecutor. It's one of those things where if you saw it in a TV show you'd hoot.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/11/8/1811367/-Tweet-Diary-Look-how-big-the-protest-crowd-is-at-the-ProtectMueller-Rally-nationwide