The Politics Thread

• Members

I always swat away that man like the gnat that he is and then move on.

Ronan's on this one, too?  Fasten your seat belts, boys and girls, and hold on for dear life!  This roller coaster ain't done yet!

Edited by Khan

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It seems that Vee (and Mr. Avenatti) would have to agree with you.

Please register in order to view this content

Let me guess: Brett was "incoherently drunk" when he (allegedly) assaulted Mr. Avenatti's client as well.  See, that's the trouble with guys like Brett Kavanaugh.  Under "normal" circumstances, they might be fine, upstanding people.  But, as soon as they hit the old bottle, it's goodbye Dr. Jekyll, hello Mr. Hyde.

I'm sure Mrs. Kavanaugh knows this only too well.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Do any of you remember when the possible nominees were going around, and some on the right, like Ben Shapiro, were trying to speak out against Kavanaugh? The idea was that it was because he was not reliably conservative enough, but I wonder now if someone at the time knew something and was trying to stop it...they just didn't say the right things (or Trump didn't care because he wanted someone he knew would be there for him if he was ever facing charges).

The sad thing is I still don't know if this will stop him. I don't think it will. I'm already seeing people dismiss it.

A few days ago I was reading an article claiming that before the allegations, Kavanaugh was some kind of example of the power of women, because he had a wife and daughters. That's the worst kind of pandering. It shows just how deluded Republicans are, yet how good they are at controlling the narrative. 

• Members

I don't believe he'll last to Ford's scheduled testimony on Thursday. But I've been (very) wrong before. McConnell apparently didn't want Kavanaugh because of skeletons like gambling or his drinking or something - Trump allegedly insisted on him because he felt Kavanaugh prioritized executive protection from prosecution (for Trump).

Could they confirm someone in the lame duck session? Maybe. The important thing is we've put up the fight and can continue to do so. This was supposed to be a slam dunk for the GOP.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Four??

And I think most of us said there'd be more than one. Did I think more than two would come forward - not necessarily!

Incidentally, I am from Kavanaugh and Ford's old stomping grounds and all I'll say is it turns out it's a real small world.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I thought all the women would be too scared to say something, with the backlash Ford has faced. They're very brave. 

I wish that we had legislators who actually cared, because the allegations of Kavanaugh making sure his clerks all looked like hot models are very disturbing, and they have been drowned out. 

• Members

Allegations made by that "Tiger Mom" lady, no less.

ICAM, Carl.

Before this week is over, I guarantee we'll see the number rise into the double digits.  Sexual predators are like me at an all-you-can-eat buffet: they don't stop until management cuts them off.

Edited by Khan