Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Typical, self-entitled, white frat boy "humor."  By all means, let's reduce women (or "frat mattresses," as they're called) to objects, and sexual assaults to punchlines, because God knows we couldn't get it up if we tried.

Now y'all understand why I'm so dismissive of folks like Joshua Morrow?  #BrosB4Hos

Among other things.  I never understood why female GH fans went crazy for him (as Jagger Cates) BITD.

God, no wonder why I thought "Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother" was a load of crap.

Edited by Khan

• Members

This is really odd. So many in these elite conservative circles are coming up with odd defenses (rough horse play). Meanwhile, the best thing they could do is just keep quiet.

As for ASJ I remember thinking he was cute, but cute is as cute does.  I really liked Ingo Rademacher once upon a time too, but anyone who supports Trump loses my respect.

https://twitter.com/ezraklein/status/1042953925014511617

As much as I hate the idea of an oligarchy (and really it's too late, so we might as well pick the good ones), this guy is winning me over.

• Members

Conservatives cannot exactly brand Ford a liar, because doing so would incur the wrath of #MeToo followers, which would be tantamount to political suicide this close to the midterms.  Furthermore, although they've trotted out the glowing endorsements ("We're women, we work for Kavanaugh, and even though we're saying this before any allegations make the news, we just want everyone to know what a gentleman he is!") and the usual boys-will-be-boys justifications, something about the defenses on Kavanaugh's behalf feel very half-hearted to me, as if they know we've heard all the excuses before and are not buying them.

So, what's left for his supporters to do?  Mistaken identity, and the pictures to prove it.  Crap that is straight out of the "Law & Order: SVU" playbook.  (I'm halfway expecting to see Ice-T and Kelli Giddish arresting Garrett.)

I'm not ready to say "KENNEDY FOR PRESIDENT" just yet, but let's just say I'm keeping an eye on him.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Khan

• Members

I have to ask why so man men are against allowing the FBI to investigate this allegation. It's rather enlightening that they peddle the 36 year timeframe but I have yet to hear one of them question the allegations made against priests by adult men who were molested and/or raped when they were children and teens.  I'm not diminishing by any means what those men went through and they are incredibly brave to come forward. The Church is another antiquated patriarchal institution much like the US gvmt institutions and the power center worldwide. So going up against this takes a lot of courage.

We've gotten to the point where those allegations are believed by these men now. But women still have to face this coming mostly from men but other women also. We see it time and time again today in 2018.