The Politics Thread

• Members

+1

Yeah, I thought about the fact that this poster is a troll.  I posted a reply that was very curt and abrupt because I suspected that poster's trolling.  I don't want to waste my time.  I think I'll just put that one on ignore, tbh.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The way that woman was treated will always be a shameful moment in history.  I was in 11th grade and far from "woke". I was raised by evangelicals to believe it was always the woman's fault and men couldn't control themselves. Even so, I understood that Anita was being bullied and dragged through the mud and that she was telling the truth.  Her honesty and poise in the face of that debacle really did shine through the muck.

Now the idea of a bunch of white men grilling and judging a black woman in that way just makes me sick.  We need more women and more people of color in Congress and I can only pray that happens in November.  And to be clear I don't hate white men (I'm raising one). They should be just as much a part of our government as everyone else, but not control it all, as they have for far too long.

• Members

No definitive truth will be exposed in the hearings. It's a he said/she said WITH the addition of Kavanaugh having been previously investigated/vetted since 1993 for positions both in the Executive and Judicial branches. 

In the end, Kavanaugh will scrape by and probably be confirmed. 

Besides Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski, special attention should be given to North Dakota Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (Democrat). She's up for reelection and Trump won ND by 36% in 2016.

• Members

Lol at the above. Well as long as you’re all in agreement. Kavanuagh’s accuser is def credible but Ellison’s is totally a lying slut. Just because. There’s no evidence either way on either account. But Ellison’s accuser is an inconvenient whore. Toats.

mazie Hirono said men should just shut up today. So I guess if I’m to listen to the democrat message I will do that. 

Edited by juppiter

• Members

The only one who called Ellison’s accuser a slut and a whore was you. Says more about you that you would categorize another alleged,victim this way when reading reasonable responses from mainly women that don’t fit your trolling.  So yeah I’d say just shut up and move on.

and naturally no response to any of the reasonable discussion. What trolls never do.