Toups

The Politics Thread

27 minutes ago, marceline said:

He hasn't been discharged. He's been removed from the rescue effort and they've started an investigation. There's a whole long process before he gets kicked out, assuming he does. 

Oh, boo.  Okay, thanks for clarifying that.  I had a feeling that was too quick but that's what I get for looking at the subtweets.

A Ukrainian hairdresser (among others) was ensnared in Manafort's financial web of corruption.  This is wild.

How a Ukrainian Hairdresser Became a Front for Paul Manafort

Edited by DramatistDreamer

Very big deal. She also passed an FBI polygraph.

I can't stand Steve Kornacki, but:

25 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

Murkowski and Collins don't give a damn. It's taken a long time for people to see this about Collins but maybe they will now.

Sadly, I agree.

Why does anyone believe this? We had video tape of 45 bragging about grabbing women.  I doubt two years later the country will rise up due to a SCOTUS nominee.

It will be a big deal for the midterms whether we win or lose this week with Kavanaugh himself. Many things have been a big deal this year; this is just one more. There is a reason we are now in striking distance of taking the Senate.

7 minutes ago, Vee said:

It will be a big deal for the midterms whether we win or lose this week with Kavanaugh himself. Many things have been a big deal this year; this is just one more. There is a reason we are now in striking distance of taking the Senate.

Most people can't even name one person on the Supreme Court so I'm not sure it will change anything, but hopefully it will at least motivate the usual types who sit at home for purity reasons. 

Just now, DRW50 said:

Most people can't even name one person on the Supreme Court so I'm not sure it will change anything, but hopefully it will at least motivate the usual types who sit at home for purity reasons. 

I hope so. As Vee said, maybe the culmination of these issues (Puerto Rico, child internment camps, trade wars) will keep Republicans home.  I'm going to have to believe it to see it this time around though.