Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

If Trump pardons Manafort then he gets hit with state charges and the fact that he accepted the pardon will be used as evidence against him. He also loses Fifth Amendment protection which means he has to answer all questions about Trump honestly or get hit with perjury charges so he ends up in jail anyway.

Or worse they extradite him to the Ukraine which would be a death sentence.

• Members

I had a feeling that letter would contain a sexual harassment allegation.

Unfortunately, Brett Kavanaugh could murder a black Baptist preacher in the middle of town on a hot afternoon, and he would still get confirmed by the GOP.  But, I hope no one brushes aside this woman's allegation, because where there's one, there's always more.

Please register in order to view this content

IOW: party at marceline's pad, seven o'clock, B.Y.O.B.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Senate Republicans immediately put out a letter signed by women who says that Kavanaugh always behaved approporiate around them. It was put out so quickly that it had to been drafted well in advance of the article being published. They knew about this and were desperately trying to get him confirmed before it came out.

• Members

I'm going to go ahead and admit that I don't think a person's nomination should be derailed based on one anonymous accusation. 

Of course there is no need to worry about that, since it inevitably takes at least double digits to get traction in these cases. Even then the perpetrator can become president.

I imagine whomever this woman is some blogger will out her and death threats will ensue. I certainly do not blame her for wanting to come forward with her name because we all know what is in store if she does.