Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Tell you what, Sarah, how about if the media, or anyone who isn't a Trumpist, quits going after the Trump administration on every little f**k up, when the Trump administration actually thinks for once before acting or reacting.  Oops, too late, here comes another f**k up!

Once again, these people are being such hypocrites.  Obama couldn't so much as brush his teeth without the right bitching about him.

Edited by Khan

• Members

You know, say what you will about the Clintons: maybe they ARE a pair of vipers, grasping at every bit of power that floats their way.  But when they've been right about something, they've been right.  

Bill warned Hillary's team that overlooking the WWC in their election strategies would cost them big, and he was right.  Hillary warned us (like CRAZY) that Trump would be Putin's puppet in the WH, and SHE was right. 

They've been right about a lot of other things in years past, but you get my drift.  As venal as they are, they also know how to read people pretty darn well.  I mean, you don't get to be as powerful as they were and still are by being total hayseeds, amirite?

Edited by Khan

• Members

Maybe, but a lot of those people were lost to Fox News and their ilk some time ago. The decades long hate campaign against Hillary worked.  Was Trump inevitable as a backlash against Obama? I don't know, but probably not. 

I think it was also that a big part of the population didn't want a woman president, they didn't want that woman president, voter suppression, Russian interference, the fact that some people are drawn to authoritarians.  Basically a perfect storm and still she did get three million more votes.

Anyway, what's done is done. With any luck we can mitigate some of the damage in the midterms.

• Members

@DramatistDreamer Damn good point. It's not like our government officials are working day and night to make sure that the Russians don't interfere again. That could easily happen or elections could be suspended for a time because of evidence of interference. 

Please register in order to view this content

Nothing will surprise me. This is a dangerous time for our democracy.