Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Why won't the U.S. just admit that it hates women?  With this level of hostility toward women, no wonder the birthrates in this country are declining so steadily! 

Regressive, rigid immigration policy and hostility toward women-- the U.S. is on its way to becoming Japan.

U.S. OBJECTS TO BREASTFEEDING RESOLUTION WITH SCIENTIFIC CONSENSUS, UNTIL RUSSIA SUPPORTED IT

• Members

My statements were not about anyone who has lied on their application.  I can't speak to that one, since it's fairly obvious that one shouldn't lie on a federal form of any type.

Some of this is supposition by Gessen, although I'd put nothing past this cabal in the White House at this point.

At this point, I don't know anyone who wants to come here anymore anyway.  Just this morning I found myself thinking how much my relatives who live in other countries are laughing at me for living here.  They think people in the U.S. are not that smart.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

What I find disturbing is that Trump keeps calling for the suspension of due process.  If he can do that to one group, where does it stop?  I'd have to agree that people in the U.S are not that educated, at least.  That's not an accident.  There are groups in this country that actively thwart critical thinking, health and science education.

And this is just foolish.  Basically Trump trying to leverage a critical new tunnel for the NY/NJ region to get his boondoogle of a wall.

• Members

Beyond the very few rich people who have come here for business opportunities (which are now drying up because of tariffs and instability) I think most of the people who have come to the US in recent years have only come because they had no other options. Most of the world hates and resents America unless they need us, and has for a long time. American exceptionalism has been a delusion and a fantasy since W, if not earlier. Trump just burst the bubble instead of letting it slowly deflate.

I do agree, but this seems like its more about a push by the baby food companies to stay relevant. Russia hates women even more than we do, to the point of repealing laws to make it easier for men to beat women and children, but they played along because they aren't in with the companies.

The sad part of that is most of the backlash over Kavanaugh is because he isn't seen as conservative enough. That's why many are pushing for that Comey woman, who hates all the right people. They are likely hoping the media, which will fall for the "Democrats hate strong women!" narrative yet again, will help her get through.

I will be surprised if Trump would pick anyone but a white man, unless he has no real choice. 

• Members

I was thinking something similar.  I mean right now if you had a choice between the U.S., Canada and Europe would you pick the U.S.? If nothing else at least Canada and Europe actually help the people who go there.  Of course, refugees don't get much of a choice and we aren't taking many here anyway.

Not to be too paranoid about what's happening here.  Maybe the ship will right itself in the next election cycle. Things feel unstable and unpredictable though. If I were a refugee picking the safest place for my family this would not be where I'd hope to land.

• Members

There was an article a few weeks ago about refugees who were only planning to briefly stay in Mexico before heading to America, but are now staying there because they are afraid of losing their children. I guess many would count that as a "win." I consider it heartless, although I also think those in Mexico who funnel in illegal immigrants for profit and then dump them off on a country that even before this gave them little respect, many of them with no money and no English-speaking abilities, are heartless. 

Sadly this is the type of issue that is more difficult to talk about than "build the wall" or "abolish ICE." 

Speaking of things that are difficult to talk about, I keep seeing people saying that they refuse to acknowledge any Supreme Court justices of Trump's or decisions of his court because of Merrick Garland. Hell, I'd love to do that too, but surely with the way the world is going, it's not a good idea to just play let's pretend. 

Edited by DRW50