Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Very interesting article. I would have guessed the U.S. was somewhere in the low 20's and that Germany was higher and Australia lower. They are definitely right about the manipulation that goes on and it's scary to think that the radical right might keep rising because of that.

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

The Rick Thomas channel on Youtube has been putting up a lot of Watergate-era stuff. That can tend to blur together, but I thought this was interesting. At about 28 minutes starts an interview with then-Senator Daniel Inouye. I didn't know he was subjected to a racial slur during the Watergate hearings.

• Members

I was watching some old HBO junctions on Youtube a few days ago and one described Canadian Bacon, and I had the same reaction. Scary...

Anyway, more "winning" from tariffs:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/25/harley-davidson-says-it-will-not-raise-prices-to-cover-eu-tariff-cost.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/25/trade-war-europe-china-work-together-as-us-threatens-with-new-duties.html

• Members

I've wondered the same. I think some of the far left people don't want to replace it at all.  That seems unrealistic to me.   I agree that they are a dangerous organization, but a lot of that comes from the top.  Until we have a better leader, the changes needed to ICE will not happen.

• Members

A an organization that lacks dysfunction perhaps?

People may not realize that ICE was created in 2003,  yes, the U.S. did indeed function with INS and earlier organizations.  ICE has probably been the worst of any of the immigration enforcement organizations.  They're definitely the least cognizant of people's civil and human rights.

Reading this article made me think of HOC.  Very unfortunate, highly unprofessional, to say the least.

How an Affair Between a Reporter and a Security Aide Has Rattled Washington Media

• Members

^ I always figured that ICE was basically INS renamed. I'm all for coming up with an agency that isn't trying to kill or traumatize people, but that's not going to happen until this administration is either ended or reigned in.

I agree they are basically going to start over if the US ever gets it's $hit together. Right now we have people who are capable of doing evil things and I don't think you can just retrain them. They are too set in the idea that this is a border war. Trump didn't start it, but he has made it worse.

ETA: Looks like INS was merged into ICE:

The agencies that were either moved entirely or merged in part into ICE included the investigative and intelligence resources of the United States Customs Service, the criminal investigative, detention and deportation resources of the Immigration and Naturalization Service, and the Federal Protective Service. The Federal Protective Service was later transferred from ICE to the National Protection and Programs Directorate effective October 28, 2009. In 2003, Asa Hutchinson moved the Federal Air Marshals Service from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) to ICE,[7] but Chertoff moved them back to the TSA in 2005.[8]

Edited by Juliajms