The Politics Thread

• Members

That's what Time would have done for many years. Now we get a Tina Brown-esque hack and patch job.

I think that the lack of sincerity is what hurts many in this type of debate. When I look at that cover, not for a minute do I believe Time actually cares. Just as a lot of the people who prop up the media mostly seem to be phoning in their reactions, because deep down, it doesn't really affect them anyway. The days of real grief or emotion in media outlets or in most politicians feel long gone. 

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

He is (or was, I don't know what he does now) a talented writer and comedian, but if people don't realize after tonight that Tom Arnold cares about attention and not a lot else, then they never will. There's a reason he and Roseanne got together. Seeing people on Twitter actually believing all this stuff with Cohen was embarrassing.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

There are so many apologists for Trump out there it's sickening.  "It's just summer camp". "it's better than the projects."  F*ck everyone of these people.  I thought I had weeded all of the Trumpers out of my life, but one eluded me. Just today with a Facebook post about how that Time's cover was a lie and the little girl in the photo was never taken from her mother.  I have no idea if that's true, but it's obviously not the point. Over 2000 were taken, so anyone trying to minimize that trauma is delusional in my book.  I just pray the democrats can take back the house in November because we are well and truly a heartless nation right now.  

• Members

I don't believe she talked to any black people in the projects.Fox has her on to talk about immigration issues because Mexican American.  Fox is good at playing the token card and I can't be  racist/sexist, etc if I have a friend who is black/latino/female. Campos-Duffy along with her future husband were contestants on the Real World back in the early or mid 90s.  She was one of the  finalists to replace Lisa Ling when Ling left the on View but Elisabeth Hasselbeck was chosen instead.

Edited by sivad40

• Members

Didn't Campos-Duffy basically turn her back on Pedro Zamora when she discovered he had AIDS?  She and her husband deserve one another, both idiotic bigots.

Speaking of another idiotic bigot, wasn't this man's summit with Kim supposed to render the nuclear threat completely over, according to him?  To say, he changes like the weather would be an insult to weather and meteorologists everywhere.

Is North Korea a Nuclear Threat or Not? The President Now Says It Is

Edited by DramatistDreamer