The Politics Thread

• Members

"Mr. Sadr, a scion of a Shiite clerical family, has spent years refashioning his image. He now offers himself as a populist outsider intent on fighting corruption, and he has capitalized on the grievances shared by many Iraqis over the systematic graft in their country."

I mean, it worked for Trump, right? 

Please register in order to view this content

Iraqi Voters Strengthen Hand of Militia Leader Who Battled U.S.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

If he ever leaves office (and I say "if," because I fear he just might get his wish to remain President for life), he will leave not just this nation in shambles, but the entire executive branch of government in shambles as well.

• Members

One thing that people shouldn't worry about is him not leaving office. His authority ends at noon on inauguration day 2021 (should he lose then) and the most he could would be to refuse to leave the White House grounds. Even then the Secret Service would just physically remove him like Omarosa.

• Members

No words.  

It's below that rich white woman to step foot in a public school.  Heaven forbid she has to go through something so traumatizing.  Kinda like Pruitt flying First Class.  Why should they bother with people that are second class citizens.

This administration makes me sick.

• Members

Speaking of people who make people sick, the North Koreans despise John Bolton and aren't at all shy about expressing their feelings of "repugnance" toward him...just the sort of feelings you want a country with nuclear weapons to have with the country they are supposed to be in negotiations with (cue sarcasm).

North Korea Threatens to Call Off Summit Meeting With Trump

• Members

An article about the sad state of our refugee program. The pictures of the unused donations

Please register in order to view this content

It's sad to see there are a lot of people trying to help, but no one is allowed to come.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/16/us/refugee-admissions.html

From your lips to God's ears.  He has floated the idea of not holding elections though because of Russian interference (the sheer temerity!). Something like 40% of Republicans have been polled as agreeing with that plan. I'll look for the article. 

ETA: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/08/10/52-percent-republicans-would-support-postponing-2020-election/555769001/

I have no faith at all the the Republican congress wouldn't go along with this.  Democrats need to win back the House.

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

That's sad, especially for those who have lost their families through this process. And I have a feeling this will last even after Trump is out of office. 

I saw some of the photos of Ivanka at the Jerusalem embassy opening and I swear it was like Valerie Cherish had come out to play. Why she decided to act that way and style herself that way at what any idiot would know was a serious and very dangerous occasion, I don't know. I sometimes feel that people put too much blame on the women in the administration or the Trump family, but in this case they aren't wrong.

Edited by DRW50