Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Probably because it didn't include a "Whites Only" clause.

No matter how many inroads progressives make, Oklahoma will remain, for many, a narrow-minded place to live.

By the way: Mary Failin also signed HB 2932, which will require Medicaid recipients to work at least 20 hours per week and/or receive job training, or else lose their benefits.  Some will be exempt, I guess, but think about it: if Oklahoma's job market is basically [!@#$%^&*], then that means 1) those who aren't exempt will have difficulties finding work (and sorry, but Walmart can't hire everybody); and 2) they will receive training for jobs that are probably not here.

Oh, she also refused to combine Oklahoma Native Americans Day with Columbus Day, because, well, she's white.

Not that you asked, but...here's a link to an article summing up our state's legislative season.  Seriously, this state is such an embarrassment.

https://www.thelostogle.com/2018/05/08/remembering-the-lowlights-from-the-2018-oklahoma-legislative-session/#more-79309

Edited by Khan

• Members

If I'm honest this tweet made me laugh. I've always had a weakness for gallows humor.  I just hope this doesn't end in blood.  I really wonder at the arrogance of a "man of God" who honestly seems to think more than half the world's population is going to hell, but he's good.

• Members

I can't imagine what that's like but as a white guy, it pisses me the fvck off every time I see a story like this.  WTF is wrong with white people these days.  It's sickening.

My bf is from Puerto Rico and I can tell you that since Trump's election, he's noticed an uptick in people treating him differently.  Happened just yesterday in Wal-Mart.  He was using self-checkout and an older WOC employee was helping him but out of nowhere, this white lady that was also working that area stood next to him to make sure he wasn't getting any freebies.  Even challenged him on something that was missing the price (he already gave the other employee the price).  He had enough and told her he didn't want any of it and left the store.  She told him he would have to put everything back to which he said "watch this" and walked away.

• Members

This is the mentality of the Trumpsters. Yes Trump I want an exemption now that it hurts me. How about genius business owner you figure out how to make those hinges in the US and not China. Didn’t Trump promise to bring back jobs from China?

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20180513/blog200/660491/how-my-presidents-tariffs-would-cripple-my-company

On another but sort sort of related to the woman referenced in the above article,

I am at the very end of the boomer generation and  couple of friends and I have discussed boomers for the past several years and how the boomers are the reason we are where we .are

This article is over a year old, written not long after Trump took office. I just got the book from the library and started reading it. I’ll post more after I have finished the book, but this article outlines the basic premise.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/ideas/2017/02/26/how-baby-boomers-destroyed-everything/lVB9eG5mATw3wxo6XmDZFL/story.html?event=event25

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

It's a type of bullying. Some people are really getting off on trying to make other people feel less than. They think it's socially acceptable now.

F*ck her. It's too bad someone didn't take a video and give it to her boss.  Shaming these people doesn't work as well as it once did, but most businesses don't want to alienate customers.

• Members

That's a great way to put it. Someone on twitter said that about 30% of the adult population has been brainwashed by Fox and conservative radio to the point of no return. That rang true to me.  It's heartbreaking.  We could have had such a decent society.  So much seemed possible even a decade ago and now we are just fighting not to slip into the worst of our past.