The Politics Thread

• Members

They always disappear when a Republican is President. Like magic.

Obama was hamstrung by Congress, even when Democrats had control, but I wish he'd been able to push through the larger final stimulus package that he'd wanted. 

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Cambridge is that Mercer company, isn't it? They really did open themselves up to headaches when they got in bed with Trump and Bannon (likely one of the reasons the Koch brothers were smart enough to pull back). 

I don't believe in karma, because I've seen too many good people suffer and too many bad people get rewarded, but if I did, Sessions would be doing swan dives into it by this point. What a shameful man. 

• Members

CA and the Mercers are in deep with the Russian social media apparatus.

I think Sessions is miserable in the job and Trump's constant humiliation and belittling of him for not firing Mueller or impeding the Russia investigation, but perversely, he can't walk away - either because of too much dirt on him from Russia, or because he just can't resist the chance to lock up more immigrants and battle the scourge of marijuana.

As a friend of his warned the press, McCabe is not going quietly. He's on CNN at the moment, I think:

Edited by Vee

• Members

Food for thought. Read John Deans book “the Nixon Defense what he knew and when he knew it”. Very important item about Deep Throat. Thet all knew it was Mark Felt but were afraid of having him fired or getting him outed becauase of all he knew about many things and the potential retaliation of members of the FBI.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

It couldn't be a little of both?

You know, I could have gone the rest of my life w/o hearing about how John Kelly had informed Rex Tillerson that he'd been shitcanned (no pun intended).  But...OTOH...if I had been Rex, I don't think I would have flushed.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Khan