Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Conservatives are whining that they've each lost thousands of followers on Twitter overnight. 

Well, they were most likely bots and were purged similar to the purge that happened last month with the accounts of many celebrities and social media "influencers" whose accounts were also proliferated by bots. 

Some have even taken to whining that they are being locked out of Twitter, on Twitter!

Please register in order to view this content

Think about that.

• Members

Only Congress could've passed a law that would have a lasting impact.

Think of how quickly Trump reversed that Obama rule that prevented people with mental health issues from accessing certain weapons.  Obama did that by executive order because that was the sole tool at his disposal but the problem with E.O. is that it can be quickly reversed by the next president.

A law cannot be easily reversed, which involves action by Congress, which up to this point, they have refused to do.

• Members

I hear you. I only had that thought because of how often the right used the whole "Obama is coming for your guns" rallying cry to scare the gun lovers.  As far as I know that was all basically fantasy. I just wish it were true and he had that kind of power.

I wonder if the movement underway right now can gain traction?I certainly hope it will, but as we've both mentioned at times, if Sandy Hook didn't wake people up, will anything? In a better place having these young victims advocate for themselves would be shaming us all into action, but you see how strongly some on the right are even trying to attack these kids. It's beyond disgusting.