• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Oh that liberal media.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/20/government-shutdown-media-blame-353584?lo=ap_b1

For instance, Republicans crowed and Democrats cried foul Friday night when The New York Times sent out a push alert with the heading, “Senate Democrats blocked passage of a stopgap spending bill to keep the government open. Lawmakers have less than 2 hours before a shutdown.”

The AP ran a headline with wording similar to the Times, and its @AP_Politics feed tweeted out last night, “The Latest: Senate Democrats derail bill to avert shutdown.”

Conservative sites The Daily Caller and Townhall.com pounced on the headlines, highlighting them in stories.

That all led the Washington Post’s Robert Costa to report on Twitter Saturday morning: “House GOP read out headlines of NYT and AP, among others, and talked up idea this is a Dem-causes shutdown, per person there. Person adds that GOP holding to position and believe Senate Dems have to move toward them.”

• Members

While I agree with much of the article, I hope they and The NY Times and the others keep focusing on Trump and how the democrats are failing. Nothing gets people more fired up these days. This is the same media that predicted Clinton, was giving Gillespie and the GOP big wins in Va, Moore winning in Alabama,  and overlooked democratic wins across the country in state legislature and local elections. The Women’s march yesterday which the media is pretty much ignoring, is showing It. Yesterday wasn’t about Chicago, NY, DC, San Fran LA, St. Louis, it was about the marches that popped up in red states, smaller areas, that grew this year  I’m thrilled the media is ignoring the record number of women involved, standing up, running for office. I hope they keep ignoring us up thru and after Nov 2018. We’re used to being ignored unless there is some flaw that needs to be highlighted.

And it’s funny how there is no talk about the record number of GOP reps that are stepping down. But again why would Politico report on that.

the big flaw in all of this is how NONE of these folks are really running anti Trump. They are all running on issues key to their districts. Sure if the media keeps looking at the DNC and it’s failures. It is failing in many ways but I don’t know anyone running for office or supporters of theirs counting on that support. Or even wanting it at this point. And by the time Nov rolls along no one will remember a gvmt shutdown. There will be 1000 more Trump scandals/stories by then like how he eats 2dozen eggs and 2 pounds of bacaon  for  bkfst.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Well Dr. Jessie Jackson or whoever his doctor is told him to change his diet. This would be the media spin on his eggs and bacon 
decreased" consumption

And I hope people read this and see how women are polling against this fraud. I'm white and a woman and I don't know if I expect white women to shift dramatically but I do expect enough of a shift in certain areas such as in Va to make a difference.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

There are no words.... 

Please register in order to view this content

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42766159

The White House has changed its answering machine message to blame Donald Trump's political opponents for its failure to answer calls.

The US is in the middle of a government shutdown, leaving many federal services without staff.

But callers to the White House comment line at the weekend were informed that Democrats were to blame.

The recorded message says calls cannot be answered because Democrats are holding government funding "hostage".

The recorded message was set up on the White House comment phone line, which accepts calls from members of the public.

"Unfortunately, we cannot answer your call today because Congressional Democrats are holding government funding - including funding for our troops and other national security priorities - hostage to an unrelated immigration debate," the recording says.

"Due to this obstruction, the government is shut down."

• Members

There was an article last week that talked about how much Kelly resents Congress. I wonder how much of a role that plays. 

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/12/john-kelly-trump-chief-of-staff-337987

I saw this.

I also see that none of the Republicans who went apeshit over the old story about Clinton White House people taking the "w"s off the keyboards before W took over have had a peep about this.