Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm even more wary of this Leeann person after reading that she was involved in the attacks against Shirley Sherrod.

https://www.opednews.com/articles/What-s-the-Connection-Al-F-by-Rob-Kall-Al-Franken_Leeann-Tweeden_Sean-Hannity_Sexual-Harrassment-171117-154.html

If they do it won't be because of this, IMO. Democrats don't need the current Internet to win - they never had it in the past. Democrats need to get their heads out of their backsides, come up with plans, speak honestly, stop shooting their own feet, and treat their loyal voters with respect. It may not be enough to stop all the illegal and unethical maneuvers from the GOP, but it can help with elections. At least it can until the GOP completely takes that right away, which they likely will if Democrats don't get it together soon.

• Members

I'm really concerned that we are in big trouble here.  In some ways, it's almost impossible for me to imagine democratic backslide in such an open society, in 2017.  Yet here we are with people ok with a pedophile taking office as long as their agenda moves forward. It's sick.

As for Leeann's allegations, I'm not sure what to think now. She was  convincing in that Trapper interview.  What about the other woman who came forward. Is she credible?

• Members

Democrats need to focus on turning out voters of color, the poor and maybe the young assuming they aren't completely lost causes. One need only look at who the Repubs (and the far left) try to keep from the polls in order to see where the power is. That means working to help people get around the various ID requirements and helping to take people to the polls.

• Members

Yes. I will definitely volunteer to do that in 2018 and 2020.  Even if Omaha is hopeless (hard to say due to annexations) I think it's good for people who want to vote to feel that they exercised their power. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/nov/21/germany-political-crisis-uncertainty-europe-macron?CMP=twt_gu

Is Merkel going to survive this? I don't keep up with German politics.

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

Finally! I've been thinking this for days and didn't wanna say it and for people to assume I was crude and disingenuous when I am not. I believe her story early on but then stuff just started occurring and my eyebrows began to furrow in suspicion each time.

I started suspecting her when Roger Stone spouted off he knew something 24hrs before it came out. I further started to suspect her after her interview on The View. Instead of discussing what she was upset about, she used the entire segment to discuss minuscule stuff. She promoted her radio station. She it seemed she was more upset about him (Franken) drawing devil horns on a pic of her instead of the actual attack itself. Then all those visual receipts about her grabbing on other men during the concert started coming out. She let the music artist smack her butt. She groped the late Robin Williams in a pic. To quote Phaedra Parks (of RHOA), "Something in the buttermilk is not clean." This further raises my suspicions even more. 

I hate to discount a woman's account of being attack, but I'm believing that she's a plant. This is why I am glad Franken himself asked for an investigation. If he's guilty, he'll resign. Especially, with this latest allegation. If he's truthful then she was mostly likely hired by the GOP to do a hit job on Franken. I suspect that's because a day or 2 before this came out, Franken called Sessions a liar on the Senate floor, and has been the biggest advocate for the Russia investigation. 

I don't think the other woman has came out publicly yet. 

• Members

To the married people who post here:  Have you given any thought of what you would do if your husband/wife was called out for sexually harassing one of their employees?  I would be so shocked because my husband has always treated me as an equal and been supportive of all the things I've wanted to do since we married.  After decades of married life, I know I'd be REALLY pissed, but at this age I don't think I'd leave him.  I guess it would depend on the seriousness of the complaint.