• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

+1.

and I don't understand it.  I lived through that debacle as well...and the MSM changed for the WORSE. they honestly acted like Bill was the very first POTUS to cheat on his wife and lie about it. their number 1 story for how long? and it's what, 17 years later and CH says that crap, like the DP never dealt with it....and it's another reason why I stopped watching his show. it's just......head shaking.

• Members

You know what was never reconciled IMO was Anita Hill and a subpar Justice put on the Supreme Court because a dais of bipartisan white males led by Joe Biden decided she was a liar. They also denied the request to have 3 other women testify. And Biden’s recent lame apology which was not an apology didn’t help.

• Members

I remember thinking she got a raw deal even as a little kid. I didn't know any of the facts of the case beyond that Thomas had harassed her, but I did not understand why she wasn't heard and how he could be placed on the Supreme Court.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Between Monicagate and the O.J. Simpson case, the mid-to-late-'90's were 100% pure hell.  Both were very public, very tawdry scandals that literally consumed all airtime (and in the case of the latter, was at least partially responsible for the decline of soap operas in this country).

Of course, before all that, we had the LAPD/Rodney King mess, something ELSE we couldn't seem to get away from, no matter how hard we tried.

Yes, it is.  And really, where does it come from?  Where or when did it get its start?  That's what I'd like to know.  Because, to me, it seems like people hated them from day damn one.

And the irony, from what I understand, is that Anita Hill didn't even WANT to talk about the harassment.  She wasn't breaking down any doors to be heard, because it was just that embarrassing to her; so they came to her (right here, in Oklahoma) and basically pressured her into testifying.  All she wanted from the very beginning was to be left alone, but instead, not only did the panel not believe her, they literally shamed her for attempting to besmirch Clarence Thomas' "good name" in the first place.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Barack Obama and whoever it was at NBC who gave Donald Trump his own reality series are the reasons why we have Donald Trump.  But people would rather say "Bill and/or Hillary Clinton" than admit they hate Black people and love reality TV stars.

No, I'm not!  I'll vote for conviction no matter what!  "He might not have done THAT, but trust me, that mofo's guilty of something!"

Edited by Khan

• Members

What's everyone's opinion on this war of words between Lavar Ball and Donald Trump?

I don't follow sports so I'm not familiar with the guy, but it's quite delicious seeing someone take on the orange one without any [!@#$%^&*] to give....

Edited by MichaelGL

• Members

I knew very little about Lavar Ball because I don't really follow basketball anymore.

Now I know who Lavar Ball is and now many who had no clue who he was, even a few months ago knows who he is.  Ball is going to play his hand for all it's worth.

Meanwhile the president of the damn U.S. doesn't have the discipline to avoid these squabbles with people, mainly POC.  I'm still waiting to hear what he thinks of Eminem cursing him for filth!

Please register in order to view this content

He likely knows it  happened because it was trending everywhere and the video has been viewed many millions of times over!

Lavar Ball is no doubt an opportunist that is looking to make bank and he seems crafty enough to make this happen.

Trump on the other hand, shows repeatedly, why he has no business being in the White House. Daily!

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

It's rather sad that trump feels a need to tweet about any perceived personal slight, no matter how inconsequential.  Frankly, I don't believe that he had any meaningful impact on securing their release - this is just my gut opinion, given his penchant for stretching the truth.  

• Members

This. 

Everything can't be blamed on the Clintons. Bill was a heinous beast himself, but he is not responsible for Trump being in the White House. As you pointed out, Trump is in the White House b/c White voters wanted to lash out b/c of fear of losing their place at the top of the food chain and believing this dolt (Trump) was really some multi-billionaire. The fault lies on American voters. Again, to White voters voting out of anger, to Bernie voters not voting for the proper candidate (HRC) at all, to the millions that didn't even vote. We put Trump in the White House. 

Mika says some dumb sh-t at times. I can't take her serious at all. I swear she loves to talk just to hear herself, but she says nothing intellectual at all. 

• Members

I'll say now what I said back then: if Bill Clinton did, indeed, force himself on Juanita Braddock and Kathleen Willey, then he needs to pay for those crimes and whatever other crimes he has committed against other women and men.  Whether he pays by man's law or God's law or both makes no difference to me.  But the fact remains that Bill Clinton left the WH not only having extinguished the national debt, but with a surplus in the bank as well.  An immoral character, yes, but also, a pretty darn good president.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Yes, I think he was overall a good president when it comes to policy. In retrospect he made mistakes on criminal justice and welfare reform. Still, the me that exists in 2017 would not vote for him in the primary.  I'm past giving quarter to any man (or woman for that matter) that is sexually aggressive. Paula Jones is the one I am pretty sure is telling the truth (although sadly I believe them all) and I'm not ok with the person who is at the top of our government being a predator. Now we know that Clinton, Bush and Trump all were/are to varying degrees. Shameful!

I'd say that the extreme hatred of the Clintons came from the rise of conservative talk radio and Fox.  Plus, unlike the Obama's, the Clinton's always seemed surrounded by dealings that were just a little shady and they were smug about playing the technicalities. "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" Debating the meaning of the word "is".  It gave the conservative talk shows just enough fodder. And let's not forget that Hillary did not fit into their little box of what a First Lady should be.

Still,  I've never seen anything like the hate for them it in my life time. The sheer obsession is so far out of proportion to anything reasonable. Even now when they will never be in power again they are a lightening rod.

• Members

It's hard to find which is the worst but this is the one that would likely resonate with those Bernie people who just couldn't make themselves vote for Hillary

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2017/11/21/the-fcc-has-unveiled-its-plan-to-rollback-its-net-neutrality-rules/

Seriously are things really this tribal that we are going to now allow big corporations to control every aspect of our lives(not like they don't already). Now we are going to allow a former Verizon Lobbyist turn over how we access and are filtered from content on the internet. I realize this will be taken to court once voted on as likely a free speech issue, but seriously since when are big telecom companies like AY&T and Comcast a friend to the consumer. Both provide crappy customer service and now want to control what and how we view information on the internet. Although on the plus side it could provide a boom for startups who will agree to continue to follow the policies in place as a marketing ploy

And this is pretty deplorable. Another article on the humanitarian crisis which completely ignores how the US and the Uk have both been complicit. WE now have our own naval vessels blocking the shores of Yemen preventing any humanitarian aide from getting to the people there. And this is not a Trump issue. This started under Obama and we have just continued and escalated our support of the Saudi's to help kill millions of people

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/11/19/yemen-is-on-the-brink-of-a-horrible-famine-heres-how-things-got-so-bad/

Edited by JaneAusten