Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

@Khan I was watching the Maddow rebroadcast last night and Anna Langton was featured, the new 25 yr old head of Oklahoma Democratic Party. If the party is looking for a star she’s it. Smart, poised, energetic, and pragmatic. She also talked about getting people in your state to vote. She said voter turnout in a state that is crumbling is low and that one of her objectives is to get more people engaged, involved, and voting.

• Members

I see that the NYT has popped up with yet another article about Bill Clinton, doing their best to redirect the conversation about Roy Moore and about harassment against women in politics toward Clinton and how Democrats are now on the backfoot. This is the type of preening that the NYT loves, even as the world is burning. This is always their big obsession.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/15/us/politics/bill-clinton-sexual-misconduct-debate.html

I'm going to be honest here and say I never liked Bill Clinton, I never trusted him. I believed some of the accusations against him. What is easy to forget now, especially in a media that was so giddily complicit, is the accusations quickly spiraled into complete lunacy, because of the frothing hatred for Bill and for Hillary among the right wing and among the press at large. In no time at all we were awash in a world where Bill and Hillary were supposed to be going around ordering hits and acting like they were out of a General Hospital episode from 1979. There was no time to sit around and parse over these claims because they were all tied into one thick knot that was impossible to pull apart. 

Bill Clinton is no longer in power, he never will be again. I wish I could say I'm surprised that the press - and the usual cadre of navel-gazing, hand-wringing liberals - have decided to make him a big story, but clearly they just can't quit him and they can't quit Hillary.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

This current lunacy was started by Chris Hayes. I can't really say I have been that interested in him, but it seems like a reason to propagate the democrats are in chaos after a good election because with that election St. Bernie and his followers attempts to derail some of those elections failed.

Those of us who lived through that time, don't have any interest in regurgitating this. I remember watching the Anita Hill hearings, initially believing the allegations against Clinton, only for lunacy to take over. And both Broaddrick and Wiley changed their stories under oath. Now that may mean nothing, witness intimidation is not unheard of, and Broaddrick in particular IMO sounded credible at the time. Monica Lewinsky was not assault or rape. Abuse of power I would agree yes. And for Broaddrick to put herself up on a stage with Trump an admitted sexual predator, just shows very bad judgement.

I'm done with people passing judgement on those of us who were split and conflicted lived through these things. It's funny how no one mentions Anita Hill and how we have a lifetime appointment on the Supreme Court because a panel of men led by Joe Biden by the way lambasted her on live TV and sided with the perpetrator.

Oh and no shock Peter Baker wrote this.

• Members

While I agree Franken needs to resign, I am gonna sound very unpopular and say he better not do it until after Trump does. It boggles my mind how McConnell wants to do an ethics investigation against Franken, but not against Trump, who has 15 or 16 women that have spoken out against him. 

Furthermore, people are saying that this Leann women is a Trump supporter to add insult to injury. Again, I firmly believe Franken needs to be punished for his actions, but why vote and avidly support someone who has a past assaulting women too?!!!