The Politics Thread

• Members

I think he's going to flounce (the only thing that may stop him is he probably really enjoys campaigning), as he is obviously so fed up of not getting what he wants and is now just burning everything down so that Congress will have to do the work. I could also see a scenario where the money men will convince him to resign. 

It's going to get much worse in the next year, and the next few years, in terms of the economy (not even getting into whether any of us will even be alive, or whether we'll all be in mass shelters...), but I honestly have no idea if people will even blame him or the GOP for this or if they will blame foreigners, Democrats, Obama, Hollywood, the media...

All I know is I've decided to stop using his name at all. I don't even want to type it out anymore. 

Edited by DRW50

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That sense of fatigue, for lack of a better word, might be the only thing that keeps him from enjoying a second term, if we get to that point.  Not a sense that he has failed to live up to his promises, or that his agenda (if you can call it that) has resulted in massive losses all around, but just the feeling that Americans, in general, have had it with the non-stop drama and want him to go away.

As I've said on other occasions, after what we have gone through, I won't look anytime soon for another candidate who wants to come in from the outside and upend the status quo.  Because, I, for one, see now why having outsiders run things isn't always what's best for the country.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Most human beings, especially those in high visibility positions might actually care about looking like a whole entire asswipe but not Trump.

In more uplifting news-

Yet another travel ban BLOCKED by a Federal Judge

Federal judge blocks Trump’s third travel ban

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Honestly, I get so tired of these vipers currently in the White House. Others may very well feel the same. I have a feeling that's why things sometimes slow down in this thread. 

No one can possibly be surprised that Kelly has basically sold his soul to Mango Mussolini. I'd question anyone who makes the choice to align him or herself to this administration of vipers.

There's an article in Politico that I have yet to read that discusses how the flurry of GOP retirements as a result of frustration threaten to make Paul Ryan's job more difficult. So?

I hope his job becomes impossible at this point. I also hope there is a wipe-out of as many GOP Congresspeople as possible leading up to and including 2018, including Ryan.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I am a 40ish white woman and I don't think it really hit me as blatantly as it did today, how embolden our culture is to white men. After watching the press salivate all over Kelly today, who sold his soul IMO to a cancer to the fabric of this country and our souls, especially listening to Nicolle Wallace drool all over him, I now get how white women will never align on a gender basis. I see why the majority of white women voted for that fool in the White House. Alignment to white patriarchy. We can never be considered full allies for any kind of movement aligning all women.

Listening to the MSM fawn all over Kelly and his criticism of the African American congresswoman, why Women of Color will always align together over anyone else, well everything shown today explains why.