Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It can be difficult to ignore at times (unless you BLOCK) but I liken it to going up against the Taliban in Afghanistan-- the Taliban's intention is not to 'win' war against countries like the U.S., USSR, U.K., etc-- the intention is to keep these big countries entangled in war 'til kingdom come', meanwhile the people, in those big countries, so caught up in 'perpetual war' in the Middle East, allow their own societies to decay (global economic crises, Brexit, Trump, upswing of neo fascism and neo-nazism, alt-right, etc).

When the Taliban can entangle the mighty U.S. in a ground war for over a decade, that is victory enough for them.

What makes it easier for me to ignore on this particular board is that trolls like #1 Troll often have no intelligent points to make, use dubious source material as supposed proof, and repeat the same garbage talking points repeatedly.  

It's an obvious waste of time and not worth responding directly to, however tempting.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

John McCain is a no

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/22/senator-john-mccain-says-he-cannot-support-graham-cassidy-obamacare-repeal-bill.html

I am honestly surprised even based on his words before. Maybe his stmt is genuine or maybe he just doesn't want his legacy to be tarnished.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

Yep. That's that (for now).

I think it will keep on failing, but it is interesting watching - they blindly went ahead with this suicide bomb knowing it was a disaster simply because of intense pressure from their mega-donors. Now that that bluff from the donors has been inadvertently called by this failure it'll be interesting to see how the bought and paid for GOPers react.