Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The GOP's efforts to repeal and replace Obamacare ARE aggravating, if only because there never seems to be an end to them, even as statistic after statistic says the majority of the American public do NOT want to see it repealed.  But, the GOP practically seized control of the House, Senate and presidency on the promise that they WOULD repeal, so I guess they'll just keep 'em coming until they pass something (or until the next election cycle, whichever comes first).

• Members

The less Ben Sasse does the happier I am.  This was a good article, but Sasse is enthrall to the Koch brothers and anyone expecting him to stand up for what's right will be waiting along time.  I also freely admit that he's a very smart,  well educated man.  That's why the older I get the more I respect goodness and kindness over intellectual ability.

• Members

Who didn't know that this was going to happen? He should've waited until after the Sept. 30th deadline for the GOP simple majority vote on the replacement bill had passed but, you know...Bernie.

The Republican National Committee Is Weaponizing Bernie Sanders’ Single-Payer Plan

• Members

Sanders should have waiting until after the deadline but they were unsuccessful IMO in weaponizing this. They did call for a vote on it last week and the democrats didn't show up because they knew it was going to be used as a wedge issue particularly for senators vulnerable in 2018;

If their bill passes, it's going to be chaos. They don't know what's in it. If they think they can explain that using Sanders single payer talk let them.

Now who got taken? Schumer and Pelosi because if that deal hadn't been struck that's what they would be working on right now the debt ceiling,.

• Members

Yep. This is why Bernie is utterly ineffective as a Senator. He simply doesn't give a [!@#$%^&*] about anything but his own ego. And to make things worse, he's off to California for a rally because Pop-Pop needs to hit the ATM.

Edited by marceline

• Members

Maybe that's why John Kasich has been so outspoken. He comes across reasonable probably because the GOP has become a party of radicals. I was watching Chris Hayes yesterday(why who knows) Kasich was on talking about Healthcare. He actually spoke very favorably about the ACA but one thing he did talk about was how important bipartisanship is because if all you do is overturn legislation the other party passes every 4 or 8 years, who are you helping. He was pointing to the GOP this go around but he also pointed to the ACA. Funny thing is Mr. Kasich is Obama picked RomneyCare as a model for the ACA because he wanted bipartisan support. There were over 200 GOP amendments added and not one GOPer voted for it. This time they aren't even talking to the democrats or going through normal process.