Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yeah, I think it's a valid argument but like @Juliajms I want to hear the thoughts of people in advocacy. I've never called another state myself but I wonder whether lots of people did during the last healthcare replacement bill attempt and whether that was effective in helping to tank the attempt (or not).

Speaking of health, there's an article (I admit, I have yet to read it) whose headline mentions that insurers are now restricting less addictive painkillers due to costs.

Very concerning especially seeing how much of the country currently battles an opiod epidemic.

• Members

Calling other states is pointless unless you are targeting leadership like McConnell or Ryan. What can be helpful is calling House member in districts other than your own (in your own state of course.) When I called Rep. Dave Joyce, I made it very clear that even though I didn't live in his district I would happily hop on the turnpike to show up and support his challenger and I wouldn't be alone.

• Members

Well this bill is supposed to strip even more people but I think it's likely it will pass. And I do hope after all this people STFU about McCain the maverick who claims to want regular order back but will likely toe the line here. I believe that McCain will toe the line as this is the last chance to do it. None of these people really care what's in the bill except for maybe Collins and Murkowski

• Members

It really pisses me off (taking away how many people this is going to hurt) because democrats there in the senate have not been paying attention because of the Bernie Sanders BS. I actually think Single Payer is the way to go, but we are not getting there with the GOP in power so our energy needs to be spent protecting what we have. I expect people in the senate to do the same thing and not wasting crap on whether Trump likes them or not.

• Members

The Congressional Dems seem to have managed to push away Bernie's famewhoring. At least based on what I've seen on social media. He managed to eat the news cycle last week but it looks like everyone has refocused. Except of course for the people at Our Revolution which is telling people to call their reps to support Bernie's bill instead of saving the ACA.