Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's times like these that social media is incredibly bizarre.  I'm getting serious tweets about the Nazi Rally from half my feed, while every one else is going on with their lives as if nothings happened. Maybe ever stranger is people who will make serious comments condemning the Nazi's and next post a GoT Meme or talk about their visit to the feed store or post a pic of their baby in designer threads. I don't know how people are just going around like it's business as usual so soon after, although I suppose I'll have to do the same come tomorrow. None of this is normal.

• Members

Some of you guys really ought to stop responding to the #1 Troll in this thread because you're wasting your time and energy and you're giving attention to a thoughtless soul who lacks the critical thinking skills other than the time it takes to spout racist nonsense from the nearest right-wing blog.  

You will never get any clarity of thought from #1 Troll, because said troll is a lost cause. Do yourself a favor and ignore #1 troll. Life is too short to saddle yourself with ignoramuses.

• Members

i wonder if we'll see more of this.

As a former female employee of corporate America and the tech industry, I'm not a fan of certain segments of our business community but I do wonder how widespread this might become.

Texas last week in their House just scuttled the bathroom bill the fringe right was pushing. Why? Because Texas with their no/low corporate taxes is now the home to several large corporations who pushed against this legislation. Why? I'll say it's not due to their own ideology but because these companies have attracted young diverse educated workers who have come to Texas to work for them and they don't want to lose them.

Say what you want about the ideology of millennials and their lack of interest in voting at times, but this kind of legislation is a non starter for most of them. A pharmaceutical company likely has a lot of young educated sales and marketing personnel and educated STEM employees who likely are taken aback by the lack of pushback to the KKK, Nazi's, and White Supremacy by the old white guard. I guess we'll see.

• Members

I have to admit I don't use my limited social media platforms to talk about politics because I worry about getting threats. This is the only place, pretty much, that I talk about them.

I do realize that what happened there wasn't politics, it was hate and racism, which should transcend politics. I guess I'm just too nervous to want to say anything about anything beyond entertainment stuff.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

In response, Orange tweets:

TrumpCo. takes another pass at condemning "extremist groups".

When Jeff F**king Sessions makes a stronger statement condemning white supremacists than the President of the United States, you KNOW things must change.

Of course, I think the DOJ's investigation, which will be led by Foghorn Leghorn, will be a farce, with the victims branded the REAL terrorists and James Alex Fields, Jr. given a full pardon.  Nevertheless, Jefferson's words pack, for the moment, the stronger punch. 

Edited by Khan

• Members

I go back and forth on that. I'm obviously very political but I have to admit that the non-stop outrage in my social media is grinding away at my soul. I know we can't normalize this but the level of outrage isn't sustainable or healthy. For example, all of these people demanding that Donald renounce white supremacists. What really would be the point of that? He is a white supremacist. He's always been one. His whole campaign and presidency is based on white nationalism. Why are people demanding that he lie to us? It's like the coal miners who refuse to accept that their jobs are gone. People need to stop thinking that the garbage in the White House is capable of decency. He isn't.

• Members

Jesus. He just unexpectedly came out live, rambled about jobs and accomplishments for maybe four minutes, made a limp mention of the "ongoing investigation" into Charlottesville, spoke very quickly about racist violence while clearly reading from cards, then walked away over questions.

Edited by Vee

• Members

And yet, in his speech before the Republican Nat'l Convention, he told us, the African-American community, he could see us, bleeding and crying in our drug-infested streets; and he promised, both at the convention and on Inauguration Day, to clean up our neighborhoods, so our children and grandchildren could walk safely again...

...or some jive honky b.s. like that.

Good thing we didn't believe him, though, lol.

Actually, I want him to keep trying (and failing).  It's certainly a lot funnier than anything Chuck Lorre could come up with.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Khan

• Members

I'm sure we'll get many leaks about Trump's tantrums over having to deliver that bloodless, canned statement in the next couple days, but here's the first: His petulant insisting he get in a brag and claim Obama's economy as his before pivoting to Charlottesville.