The Politics Thread

• Members

Obama tried to be president even for the people who didn't vote for him or actively hated him. He understood that's what it means to be a public servant.

Republicans don't care about their constituents who aren't Republicans. Frankly they don't even care about the ones who are. I'm in a state that is ground zero in the opioid epidemic and I can't tell you how many people in red counties and districts want to just "let em die." We aren't talking about the usual targets of blacks, browns, LGBT, Muslim, etc... These are their family, friends and neighbors and they are fighting for the chance to kill them.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Oh yeah.  A lot of things have surprised me in the last year, but this is not one of them.  I won't even say it's necessarily confined to red districts.  How many times have all of us heard people say "They did it to themselves".  My response to that is most of the bad things that happen to us are our fault on some level. Does that mean we never deserve help?   I wish we could move onto the bigger problem of how to help them.  I think we are going to see a lot of people die of both opioid addiction and alcoholism until a better drug is found to break the cycle of addiction.

Or maybe parts of the agricultural industry have become like manufacturing. Jobs that really can't be done here any more.  If the only people who will take the job is someone undocumented doesn't that mean we are setting up a defacto system of second class citizens?  I've read many an article that says as soon as workers become documented they find any job other than working in the fields because it's awful. It's low paying, back breaking, there's exposure to pesticides and long term damage to your body.  I'm not sure what's really right here, tbh.

• Members

Stop trying to tell people the GOP are not racist. Here are their followers. They also marched on a church last night yelling nazi epitaphs at the congregation. No doubt none of these so called "protesters" were tear gassed like BLM activitists. https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/charlottesville-readies-for-a-white-nationalist-rally-on-saturday/2017/08/10/cff4786e-7c49-11e7-83c7-5bd5460f0d7e_story.html?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.e2b75212de0d

• Members

It's no coincidence that these folks are congregating, without hoods, en masse while Trump is president.  These people are clearly emboldened by a Trump presidency.

But like the typical 'Trump troll' supporter, they stand boldly in their utter ignorance. Carrying Tiki Torches a symbol from Polynesian culture, wearing Polo shirts, made by an American designer of Jewish heritage, Ralph Lauren.  

These images are being broadcast to the world and for many, will now be seen as what America now stands for, like it or not. Ironically Trump, in all his boorish lies, claimed he'd 'restore' respect to the U.S. He has done the exact opposite. No one respects this clown-show of absurdity that is unfolding in front of our eyes.

• Members

I don't like the term "white nationalists."  It's too...nice.  Call these individuals what they are: "racist pricks."

Meanwhile, Trump "can't stop, won't stop" with the rhetoric against North Korea.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the fuse has been lit.  Something is about to explode.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Both things are true, but CNN says they have about 2,000 - 6,000 people.  That's nothing when the population of our country is approaching 400 million.  Still, this is the image of America that people abroad will be seeing and it is disturbing. I've thought for awhile it's probably time for us to join Germany in having laws against glorifying Nazis, but I can't see it happening any time soon.

• Members

He's also started threatening military action against Venezuela. Mueller must've gotten hold of the taxes and money trail. 

Yet the media loved to propogate the lie that there was no difference between the two Presidential candidates.

Please register in order to view this content