The Politics Thread

• Members

For the safety of our nation and possibly the world, let's pray their perception of his faculties, or lack thereof, plays at least some part in keeping us all the hell out of nuclear war.  (Now if we could just change the nuclear codes without letting Trump know....)

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm with Jane: where, oh where, are the WWC citizens of this country who claimed that all the "illegals" were taking their jobs?  Why aren't THEY stepping up to the metaphorical plate in this crisis?

You know, the last time White people had crops to harvest and no one to do the harvesting, they ended up capturing and enslaving Africans -- and that was after the Native Americans (or, more specifically, the Native Americans who had managed to survive the many massacres and smallpox outbreaks brought upon them) basically told 'em to go to hell.  I could only imagine what lengths White folks will go to THIS time around to get their work done (for them).

Oh, and the part of the article that had me ROFL'ing the most?

"To make the jobs more attractive, farmers are offering salaries above minimum wage, along with paid time off and 401(k) plans, but even that's not proving enough."

Wait, what was that again about part-time employees being outrageous in their expectations of a $12-15 hourly wage?

Edited by Khan

• Members

I've heard a few people say they did try for these jobs a while back and were turned away. If that's true (and of course they could have been lying or they could have just been unsuited) I have to wonder how many of these farmers were used to having cheap labor that had no ability to organize or speak up for themselves, and now that they are losing them, they've set up a system where it's hard to replace. Some of it may be down to lazy people not wanting to do the work, but I'm not sure I believe that's the whole story.

• Members

I'd believe it.

The truth is, the only ones who REALLY take issue with undocumented immigrants in this country are the regulars at Archie Bunker's Place; and since old Mr. Van Ranseleer can't see nuthin', he don't much care either.

Obama didn't actively encourage hate, nor did he turn a blind eye to it whenever it reared its ugly head.  AFAIC, that alone blasts Trump's orange ass out of the water.

Edited by Khan