DAMfan

Dark Shadows

Sad. I know he'd been sick for a while...John was one of my favorite Dark Shadows actors. Charismatic, gorgeous, and insanely talented. He really tore into his material. Yes he could be ridiculously over the top but he also managed to give layers and sold everything he was given. And I just loved watching him with Nancy Barrett.

I wish clips of Will and Carolyn Loomis were available. I just ate up that storyline. 

Edited by DRW50

Dark Shadows had some of the most beautiful music composed for a show. Some of the songs, like Josette's Theme, have never left my head. Initially so simple, sweet, then full on pathos - much like Josette herself. Cobert was a genius. I loved his Blue Whale songs the most.

RIP to Robert Cobert. DS truly did have a great stable of cues to use, probably one of the most recognizable features of the show. He did a great job of creating themes for characters/settings along with just general background themes. My favorite is probably Angelique's theme.

"A Darkness at Collinwood" - iconic.

Edited by All My Shadows

That reminds me a little of I Wanna Dance WIth You (I can never remember if that was a real song from back in the day or not). 

What a talent. I have a couple of collections of his music. I was not aware that he also scored The Doctors until I was watching one of the Retro episodes and immediately noted his distinctive touch. RIP.

12 minutes ago, teplin said:

What a talent. I have a couple of collections of his music. I was not aware that he also scored The Doctors until I was watching one of the Retro episodes and immediately noted his distinctive touch. RIP.

It was so freaky when I started watching and immediately heard those cues. 

Peter Minor, who produced the show for much of its run, has passed away.   (Worthington Hall in the 1897 storyline was named for his father, the great producer Worthington Minor.)

The younger Mr. Minor later directed One Life to Live.

Very sorry to hear that. Every time we lose another person tied to the original Dark Shadows it's another small light going out on something that can never be duplicated, no matter how they have tried.