Y&R Actor out

• Members

Source

I wondered why he was recurring...no contract. I guess this highly talented actor wanted to be open to pursue other opportunities. Here is hoping (sorry to be mean spirited) the new sitcom is cancelled after 3 episodes. Unlikely... TBS usually sticks with their shows:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I noticed that too. Except, silly me, I assumed it was because the SHOW was not interested "long term". Not the ACTOR.

Oh, I was prepared to hate him, since I really liked Hunter Allen. But Schmidt won me over instantly with a portrayal that seemed natural and authentic. Also, for a 20-year old, I found he played 16 very convincingly.

Also, I have quickly found myself joining the "Eden-hate" on this board, so by comparison, he seemed like an award winner. He has much more naturalness than his "father" (Joshua Morrow) did at that age.

I think he'll do fine on a sitcom. As a recurring actor on a cable show (i.e., not network), maybe he will continue to "pop in" to Y&R when his schedule allows. But, sadly, that won't move this important next-generation character to the front burner.

• Members

That seems to be what Y&R and the other CBS soaps do with younger actors these days. The awful Erin Sanders (Eden) is also on recurring. Hopefully, she gets recast as well, if Schmidt's pilot gets picked up. I assume Y&R could work around his production schedule there, since cable seasons are short and Y&R doesn't use him that much. That's only if his contract with TBS permits though.

• Members

Ah...you think it is a pilot? I figured it was greenlit. If there is a pilot, it might not go! Then Y&R could lock Schmidt up in a contract (it will cost them more now).

Yes, I think the show SHOULD have an Eden...but she must be recast.

I'd keep the current actress on the canvas, play her lightly, and TAKE THEIR TIME to find the PERFECT actress.

• Members

But we don't know if he's out? There's been no annoucement from CBS, Y&R? I only ask because reading that made me think one, that it's not even been picked up. I also think that given it's recurring and the positive response about Kevin, they'd work around the schedule.

• Members

I agree. I think he's been wonderful and believe me I was all ready to hate him when he first came on. :lol: I think he's a good fit as Noah and I hope they do choose to work around his schedule if the VB thing gets picked up.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived