KateW

Any Capitol Fans Here?

9 hours ago, OzFrog said:

Curious to know why CBS felt they had to replace Capitol with B&B. They would have been the perfect back-to-back juxtaposition in an hour slot: the east coast political intrigue vs the west coast fashion and glamour.

Out of all the soaps that were around in the second Golden Age, Capitol seemed like it was the soap that would have been the most relevant today (provided they had the benefit of a strong "with it" writing staff) but I get the feeling as though Capitol didn't have the support from they needed from network in order to remain on-air.

I find it interesting that Capitol had the luck hiring writers such as O'Shea and Slesar, even the Corringtons. It's kind of sad that one single writing regime (it's last) kind of undid the work of all those previous regimes and led to it being cancelled.

51 minutes ago, MichaelGL said:

I find it interesting that Capitol had the luck hiring writers such as O'Shea and Slesar, even the Corringtons. It's kind of sad that one single writing regime (it's last) kind of undid the work of all those previous regimes and led to it being cancelled.

Wasn't the show likely going to go anyway because Bill Bell finally agreed to a second soap?

8 hours ago, allmc2008 said:

Is there a link that isn't broken? I do know that, at one point, this link worked.

This link was to the Capitol Megasite, ran by a lovely Italian gentleman named Claudio, but unfortunately the site is no longer online. Too bad because there were many pictures, articles, and of course things like the bibles, that I haven't seen anywhere else.

What I remember most about the original bible was that the Cleggs vs. the McCandlesses wasn't nearly as central. Even more interesting was the strong emphasis on ingenue, Merle, a beautiful biracial coed. From what I remember, it was implied that she could almost pass but was always aware of the difference between herself and her white housemates. I think it was also implied that there was mystery surrounding her parentage. Regrettably, all of this was dropped.

(On second thought, perhaps it was for the best.)