Any Capitol Fans Here?

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Mark's shooting was such an excellent mystery!  The umbrella stories are seamless during this period  - From Thomas's experimental surgery on his then-unknown-father to Clarissa finding her dead husband to the wedding then the shooting, then the Jenny Diamond reveal - there was a part of the story for everyone and the pacing is great.  All these years later, the visual reveal of Julie/Jenny shooting Mark still gives great shock value.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

So this may be  a major long shot.....but my Father (who passed away over two years ago now) made a quick appearance on Capital while he was in the United States Air Force Honor Guard. I'm looking for the clip of him, but as someone who never watched the show I don't have much to go on for it. The information I do have is this:  he was on the capital steps with other members of the Honor Guard for a scene where a limo pulled up and one of the characters that played a senator (?) was getting out of the limo. It's the only clip that would have the Air Force Honor Guard in it, apparently they were used because the senator's character was Air Force. 

Any help would be appreciated! Even if it's just you remember what season, episode that might be. Thanks! 

• Members

I'm pretty sure this was Sloane and Trey's wedding, I've attached a clip from my YouTube page. The limo and military men starting 23 seconds in.

The steps are that of the Jefferson Memorial, rather than the Capitol. Capitol was taped in Los Angeles and it was quite a damper on production as it rained and rained while they were on location in D.C.

The groom, Trey, was a congressman, while the bride, Sloane, was the daughter of Sen. Mark Denning.

I met Marj Dusay (who played Trey's stepmother, Myrna) years ago and she talked about how they filmed the wedding scenes once inside the memorial in studio in L.A. You can see the noticeable change while watching the clip below.

God bless your father, I hope you can spot him!

By the way I know nothing about the military but I assumed those were Marines in their dress blues I could be wrong please enlighten me lol

That sequence starting at 3:08 gives me chills, so stunning with the Washington Monument poised in the background. 

• Members

I've found that clip before and yes, sadly, those are Marines not Air Force so that wouldn't be him. Thanks for the help though! My mother keeps saying it was on the steps of the Capital building because she went to see it being filmed and she remembers that; but I'm not so sure since everything I've looked up says nothing was filmed there. 

• Members

Tyler McCandless is Air Force, he's introduced in the primetime premiere flying into Andrews where he's met with a hero's welcome. That got me thinking about his reception at the Capitol which would have aired in daytime the following week. I'd only seen clips, but lo and behold, the full episode (dubbed in Italian) was recently uploaded.

The sequence on the Capitol steps with your dad begins at 45:17

Please register in order to view this content

Here's a picture:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Marj Dusay's first scene as Myrna. It's interesting how in the Italian dubbed episodes, they always announced Marla Adams as the actress playing Myrna in the episodes where she covered for Carolyn Jones. But when Marj took over, they made no announcement, she was suddenly listed in the opening credits and that was it.

• Members

Yeah, I've noticed that the ends of certain scenes are cut short in the Italian edits. With two episodes edited into one, the show is really whizzing by.

CJ loved playing Myrna, I wish we could've enjoyed her for much longer. I can't imagine that the show wouldn't have aired a title card when she passed, though I wouldn't expect to see that on an Italian edit.

• 1 month later...