• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/21/2020 at 5:29 PM, dc11786 said:

The Dekkers are very interesting. Are they suppose to be Mexican American? There are definitely hints that one or more of the Dekker kids are Marshalls. Everyone keeps talking about how close they grow up. Justin tells Max that Rikki is "our brother" and Terry squirms when Paige refers to the two of them as sisters. I would imagine the plan was to reveal that the Dekkers were somehow tied to the Marshalls through William Marshall, Mike Marshall's brother who died in the war. 

I believe the Dekkers were originally slated to be Mexican American but that was dropped. I also recollect that Striker and Vicky had two sons in addition to their daughters Reena and Samantha. Of course, Sam became a cousin and the sons were dropped.

Striker recounts meeting Vicky for the first time in episode 25 and refers to her as Miss Stanley. Stanley is Vicky’s maiden name. Sorry if there was confusion. 

Before episode 25, Striker refers to Bart and Sam as his wife’s niece and nephew. 

In the first week of October 1989 myself, Justin and Bart are just introduced which is crazy to me. Bart only knows Justin because his sister Sam has talked about him. At least they are consistent. 

Reena has just learned that Courtney is Kevin’s other woman which is delightful. Courtney is going to be kicked out of the program. I wonder if the plan was for Courtney and Bart to actually have the private practice? Western Art is failing and there’s a pretty big event happening at the gallery which I assume changes things. There are also mentions of Ginny’s brother Jeb so I guess things are already changing. 

2 hours ago, robbwolff said:

I believe the Dekkers were originally slated to be Mexican American but that was dropped. I also recollect that Striker and Vicky had two sons in addition to their daughters Reena and Samantha. Of course, Sam became a cousin and the sons were dropped.

I remember when they mentioned the sons on an episode of Another World.  One son was in the oil business with Striker, and the other one took care of the ranch. So at least originally, the Bellmans lived on a ranch and had four children.  I think the Bellmans were originally going to the the core family.  But all that went out the window, when Rauch insisted on including Iris in the show.   

Edited by Neil Johnson
30 minutes ago, Neil Johnson said:

I remember when they mentioned the sons on an episode of Another World.  One son was in the oil business with Striker, and the other one took care of the ranch. So at least originally, the Bellmans lived on a ranch and had four children.  I think the Bellmans were originally going to the the core family.  But all that went out the window, when Rauch instead on including Iris in the show.   

That happened with Alex too. On AW, Ryan's mother was his only sibling, then suddenly on Texas he had a younger brother, two nieces and another nephew