Texas!

• Members

And Reena's character went from "bad girl" to "good girl". She started evolving when she got involved with Max Dekker and then regressed when Max died. She again evolved to being a "good girl" when she fell for Grant Wheeler, though still had her edge. 

Reena was one of my favorite characters, and Carla Borelli is one of my all-time favorite actresses. I would have loved to see Carla as Liza Sentell on Search for Tomorrow after Sherry Mathis had left. She would have been amazing.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Here are pictures of Pam from 2015. She wrote the screenplay for the Dolly Parton TV movie, Coat of Many Colors (and its sequel a year later). Pam is seen here with Dolly and the cast (including Alyvia Alyn Lind, Faith of Y&R) on the NBC press junket and at the premiere.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I noticed in the Texas final episode credits the name of one of the script writers, Charles Edwards. I'm guessing it's Pam Long's then husband, Charles Jay Hammer who had played Max Dekker. Also wonder if Pam Long  and Jay Hammer wrote Texas during the 1981 writer's strike or maybe he wrote it as a non guild member during that time?

Edited by RavenWhitney

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

My understanding of the role has always been that Pam Long based Reva on Reena Bellman from Texas (which seems strange, because Reena was born wealthy, and had none of Reva's backstory or motivation), and that she wanted Carla Borelli for the role on GL.  Not sure where Kim got the idea Pam wanted a red-head.