Chris B

Texas!

How long into Texas' run did they change the show's logo?  The logo in these early episodes looks very amateurish compared to the Texas flag blowing in the wind with the gold Texas script lettering.

IMG_0178.JPG

IMG_0179.JPG

I agree. I hated that Texas logo emerging from the flag.It did look cheap. Not etirely sure when the change took place.Maybe Sept 81.

Edited by Paul Raven

17 hours ago, Paul Raven said:

I agree. I hated that Texas logo emerging from the flag.It did look cheap. Not etirely sure when the change took place.Maybe Sept 81.

The change in logo happened much earlier...probably within a few months of the premiere. The episode where Iris and Alex married (which I believe aired in November 1980) featured the new logo.

Have been watching some of the eps in '81 posted on youtube. When Ryan was ousted as the head of World Oil and Justin was named in his place. These episodes are all well done. I'm finding myself enjoying it.

Did Jim Poyner (Dennis) leave on his own or was he written out? I'm finding it hard to decide if I like Dennis or hate him. I've read that there were major changes around the time Bev McKinsey quit. Did they not focus on Dennis anymore because Iris left? I'm watching the very beginning of Elliot/Paige and find it interesting. I think the triangle with Dennis could have been a great story, but didn't it get dropped?

1 hour ago, Melroser said:

Have been watching some of the eps in '81 posted on youtube. When Ryan was ousted as the head of World Oil and Justin was named in his place. These episodes are all well done. I'm finding myself enjoying it.

Did Jim Poyner (Dennis) leave on his own or was he written out? I'm finding it hard to decide if I like Dennis or hate him. I've read that there were major changes around the time Bev McKinsey quit. Did they not focus on Dennis anymore because Iris left? I'm watching the very beginning of Elliot/Paige and find it interesting. I think the triangle with Dennis could have been a great story, but didn't it get dropped?

Dennis departed in mid-November. Iris left at the end of November. And Eliot was gone by the end of December. I remember being so disappointed with Eliot's departure because I thought he and Paige were an interesting pairing.