Jump to content
Announcement: New Memberships Suspended

Britney Spears Thread


Toups

Recommended Posts

  • Members
1 hour ago, Toups said:

 

But that's just music evolution.  As they get older, they start to fade and become "irrelevant" (especially on the charts, the hot 100),  We can't expect them to continue to be big.  As a fan, all I want is for them to make music that I'll enjoy.    If they don't, then we still have those old albums to listen to - I still have about 20 Britney songs on my phone.  

 

I still like Pink.  "Beautiful Trama" and "What About Us" is two of my favourite songs of hers. 

Even Beyoncé hasn’t been a big hitmaker recently aside from tagging onto already popular songs like Ed Sheeran’s “Perfect.” She’s at a point in her career where she’s so iconic that she doesn’t need to be. It’ll be interesting to see where Adele and Rihanna are when they are pushing 40.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Members
6 hours ago, Toups said:

But that's just music evolution.  As they get older, they start to fade and become "irrelevant" (especially on the charts, the hot 100),  We can't expect them to continue to be big.  As a fan, all I want is for them to make music that I'll enjoy.    If they don't, then we still have those old albums to listen to - I still have about 20 Britney songs on my phone.  

 

Agreed. ESP the bit in bold. I don't really care where Britney gets to in the chart now. The only reason I'd like her to do well in the charts is so she continues to make music. I'd love her to record some trance music. I loved it when she was influenced by dubstep and started trying out new things during the Blackout era.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

She's very much dependent on the team around her as she's never really been in control of her career (or life sadly). After being treated as commodity by both the business and her own family for so long, it's no wonder she's not rushing to resurrect her career. 

Edited by BetterForgotten
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
11 hours ago, BetterForgotten said:

She's very much dependent on the team around her as she's never really been in control of her career (or life sadly). After being treated as commodity by both the business and her own family for so long, it's no wonder she's not rushing to resurrect her career. 

 

I'd have thought the opposite. Surely if she has no control over her money why would she bother putting the effort in? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
3 minutes ago, BetterForgotten said:

That's what I was saying - why would she rush to to resurrect her career if she has little control over it anyway? One of the reasons her spark may be gone is because she's not in control of anything in her life or career.

 

Oh sorry, blonde moment! Well I just hope one day she gets out of that damn ridiculous conservatorship. What do you think about the #FreeBritney thing? Surely there must be reasons for the conservatorship to be in place though still? Unless the courts have it in for her too...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members
8 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

Has anyone watched this documentary? It’s freakin’ everywhere, and Justin Timberlake and Diane Sawyer are getting roasted.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/elliewoodward/justin-timberlake-instagram-comments-britney-spears

 

 

I was just discussing this with my co-worker a few hours ago. I saw that JT was getting a lot of backlash during SuperBowl and saw it was not about the halftime show.

 

It's on my Hulu so I am definitely considering watching it...especially since the Wendy Williams docu was all kinds of juicy.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
7 minutes ago, Taoboi said:

I was just discussing this with my co-worker a few hours ago. I saw that JT was getting a lot of backlash during SuperBowl and saw it was not about the halftime show.

 

It's on my Hulu so I am definitely considering watching it...especially since the Wendy Williams docu was all kinds of juicy.

 

 

I haven’t watched either, but Chris “Leave Britney Alone” Crocker was trending earlier, with people giving him props for being one of the few to publicly defend Britney during her lowest point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Community Activity

    1. 3,163

      Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

    2. 3,163

      Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

    3. 34,311

      Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

    4. 38,093

      The Politics Thread

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy