Britney Spears Thread

Toups

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, it's better than many of the main album tracks. I really think she should have done more work with Stargate and Sandy Vee on this album, and it's too bad their only track is a bonus track.

Selfish is nothing groundbreaking and could have been a Rihanna song, but it's the type of edgy commercial electro-pop that Britney can do well.

I find the rap part from Sabi really lame on that song.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

It's kind of expected though. Britney's career is passed its peak, she's now an artist of the first decade of this century. She'll struggle to maintain that momentum in the second decade of her pop career.

Also, Cirus had some hype attached to it in its first week as her "comeback" album and she did a lot of promo for it. This album has been relatively low-key in comparison in terms of promotion and hype.

To be fair, her sales were also slipping from album to album, and Cirus was not all that successful in the long-run as it only scanned a little over a million copies, with most of that coming from its first week sales.

• Members

Hmm, that is a pretty tuneless song. When you think about the songs that made Britney a star, they were all really hummable, memorable tunes that little girls could sing effortlessly. This I listened to and would be hard pressed to repeat it back to you

also, her dancing skills have dropped considerably. They try to hide it with non stop cutting, but she isn't even half the dancer she used to be.