Britney Spears Thread

Toups

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Frankly, I wish she would've traded in Dr. Luke/Max Martin for Stargate, who've done most of Rihanna's stuff and Katy Perry's Firework. This song seems to want to go in that direction, but strangely, it leaves me very cold and doesn't sound as contemporary as a lot of the mainstream dance-pop out there. I don't even find this song all that catchy, after a few listens, I still can't get into it or remember much about the song, it's pretty bland and forgettable to me.

Though, apparently, it's doing very well at radio and just broke a record for one day adds at pop radio.

Dr. Luke/Max Martin's recent stuff has veered more into the pop/rock direction (barring the Katy Perry and Ke$ha crap), which is not Britney, so their recent dance/pop work leaves a lot to be desired, she should think outside of them if she wants better dance/pop music.

I'm also interested in seeing if the Xenomania songs come to life. They know pop music and to American audiences at least, their sound isn't as overexposed.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

Blackout was flawless. It will always be her best.

I think you can clearly her her voice on this one. Its by far her least auto tuned from the third album on, IMHO.

However, her last few albums are so much better than her first few, so im down with the overly produced and heavy auto tune. People do not listen to Britney for her voice.

• Members

its selling well... current itunes charts for download songs-

U.S. - # 1

France - # 1

New Zealand - # 1

Mexico - # 1

Spain - # 1

Sweden - # 1

Finland - # 1

Greece - # 1

Norway - # 1

Portugal - # 1

Australia - # 2

Italy - # 2

Canada - # 2

Denmark - # 3

Belgium - # 4

Netherlands - # 7

Switzerland - # 7

Luxembourg - # 10

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Never been a big Britney fan. Even though Baby One More Time came out when I was 12 I was listening to Indie/Alt music by then. But, I gotta admit. Kinda digging her newer stuff. Especially the songs "3" and "Hold It Against Me"

Back in the day. I only liked 2 of her songs. "Sometimes" and "Everytime" (Which, has the most depressing music video EVER!)

That melody in "3" stays in your head for a while.

Edited by weareclouds

• Members

Germany - # 22 (after being available for 2 days -> Honestly, I expected a better position considering the song is on top of the charts in most European countries)

GaGa's "Born This Way" is #1, followed by Bruno Mars, Hurts and Adele (who is also #1 on the official Top 100).

Edited by Huntress

• Members

I don't know... I'm still mixed. :unsure: I felt ever since it first aired that what Alvin said is true, but I also kind of liked it. I guess I liked it because no matter how syrupy it was – it was melodic. Very unlike her AutoTune crap that just gets in your head, but you hate it. This is hummable.

• Members

Not sure how I feel about the video yet.... There are parts of it that I really loved (the beginning of that wedding gown segment, when the color started getting everywhere, when she fights herself, when she falls down all colorful) but the parts where she dances are just horrid (and a horrible end to the video in general).