GH Night Shift Stunner: Best Scenes of the Year!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I feel like Sri could give me GH back...a show I loved briefly in the early 80s...and stuck with sporadically through the 90s.

I feel like Sri could give me something more emotionally meaningful, relationship based, and history based.

Therefore, I wouldn't want Sri to got to ATWT or anywhere.

I think Guza should take a (much needed) 6 month vacation, but retain his producer credit. During that period, give Sri a shot. See what happens....

• Administrator

My God, that 5 minute 40 seconds scene between the Julians was the best scene I've seen in all of daytime this year too. Marlena was dead on in her column. This is how you do family drama, human drama. You do it with heart and love and sadness and anger. Kathleen Noone was superb! Ethan Raines (those tears!) and Adam Grimes were very good also. I wish we had this kind of drama on GH instead of mob violence. Sri Rao will give GH back its heart that Guza took away.

• Members

I agree with Marlena. NS produced an amazing episode on Tuesday, and it was so great to see Kathleen Noone, Ethan Raines and Adam Grimes put in performances without me thinking "OMG, they're working so hard to give me a performance!" It just felt real and fulsome. The Robin and Patrick scene was also beautiful (and, no, beautiful is not too strong a word). I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Sri Rao co-writing with, say, Karen Harris on GH proper so that we could have a mix of family and relationship drama coupled with the action, romance and excitement which has been GH's signature since the late 70s.

As for turning against Sri, I agree that people have jumped on the DIE CARLIVATI DIE bandwagon very quickly -- then again, I am still watching OLTL and enjoying a lot of it (minus Starr and her baybeeeeeeeee).

I would love to see Sri given a position on the writing staff of GH as it is currently in order to flex his writing muscles and learn from some of the best breakdown and script writers in the business. At the very least, he needs to oversee Robin/Patrick/Robert/Anna/Noah scenes. I'd be interested to see what he could do with the Qs and, perhaps, Liaison because I'd like to see more of his work in the romance area -- NS's strength appears to be in family relationship.

P.s.: Somebody called Catharina Ledeboer was script writer for the episode. Michael Cinquemani did breakdown.

Archived