Jump to content
Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

KNOTS LANDING


Sedrick

Recommended Posts

  • Members

Years ago on a morning radio show they were interviewing a guy who specialized in men's hair pieces. The female host was very critical saying that they never look natural. They asked the guest to name an example of a public figure who wore a good not obvious piece and the gentleman replied Kevin Dobson. The female host snarked, "See... I *knew* that."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Members
16 hours ago, Chris B said:

LOL! Yes, Kevin Dobson and that toupee. I do wonder about why they did that since Kojak was so popular and he didn't wear it there. I think he looked good with it so I'm glad they did, but I found that odd since he had already been on tv for years without it.

I feel ridiculous that I didn't know. I watched KL back to front several times! But I never saw Kojak. And looking at the Kojak pictures he looked good alright but also older than he did on KL imho which might be why.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

He was stepping in to be one of the male leads on a nighttime soap. There was no way they were going to let him appear as he did on Kojak (and he probably even had less hair four years later). Back then, baldness was reserved for villains, or for sniveling little weasels like Richard Avery. Not leading men.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
5 hours ago, Chris 2 said:

He was stepping in to be one of the male leads on a nighttime soap. There was no way they were going to let him appear as he did on Kojak (and he probably even had less hair four years later). Back then, baldness was reserved for villains, or for sniveling little weasels like Richard Avery. Not leading men.

How dare you accurately describe Richard Avery like that and make me bust out laughing!! He was such a fabulous character, but like you said a sniveling little weasel. Poor Laura lol!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Regarding the "hair and makeup" times/lengths: I don't think the actors were in the chairs the entire time. Some may have taken 10 or 15 minutes, others perhaps longer. But I'm sure there was some buffer time between the hair/makeup time and the on-set call.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
21 hours ago, Chris B said:

How dare you accurately describe Richard Avery like that and make me bust out laughing!! He was such a fabulous character, but like you said a sniveling little weasel. Poor Laura lol!

Ha - glad to be of service. And Richard was a great character!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
4 hours ago, MarlandFan said:

Regarding the "hair and makeup" times/lengths: I don't think the actors were in the chairs the entire time. Some may have taken 10 or 15 minutes, others perhaps longer. But I'm sure there was some buffer time between the hair/makeup time and the on-set call.

 

No, probably not but the length of time they are setting aside to make sure everyone is ready when filming commences is telling, as it was with the Dobson "revelations"
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted (edited)

lol, I had no idea Dobson wore a toupe, but it's pretty obvious when you look at pictures from Kojak and Knots pictures.

 

I also think Thomas Calabro started wearing a hair piece on Melrose Place during the later seasons. He definitively did on the reboot. Larry Hagman's hairpieces on Dallas of course deserve their own Hall of Shame.

Edited by te.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I recently re-watched Back To The Cul-De-Sac (1997) and I felt this movie had a few good moments/scenes, but it was all over the place. Here we go again with the Karen & Mac drama over Meg stuff plus Mac having some sort of crazy midlife crisis. Then we have Val falling for a young hot writer and him ending up dead in the pool and Val fears she will be blamed for his murder and lies to the police. Kate returns with Gary's child to add more drama to the Ewing household. Then we have Abby fighting with the IRS and going back to work for Gary and Greg. Anne returns and Paige leaves. etc etc....

What was everyones take on this reunion movie ?

The homes did look nice, especially Gary & Val's house remodel. Abby has a hilarious line where she tells Gary " I have always loved this room, it's soooo suburban. In real life everytime I see doors on homes with the little colonial arched windows I think that's just like Gary & Val had of Knots Landing.....LOL 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
57 minutes ago, SoapDope said:

I recently re-watched Back To The Cul-De-Sac (1997) and I felt this movie had a few good moments/scenes, but it was all over the place. Here we go again with the Karen & Mac drama over Meg stuff plus Mac having some sort of crazy midlife crisis. Then we have Val falling for a young hot writer and him ending up dead in the pool and Val fears she will be blamed for his murder and lies to the police. Kate returns with Gary's child to add more drama to the Ewing household. Then we have Abby fighting with the IRS and going back to work for Gary and Greg. Anne returns and Paige leaves. etc etc....

What was everyones take on this reunion movie ?

Well, I took it for what it was: an excuse to spend time with characters and actors that I adored. That's where the fun laid and where the "moments" could be found - in watching them do their thing and their chemistry. 
But almost none of the actual plots worked for me and the script (dialogue) itself was actually quite bad at times. But I expected it because those reunion TV movies never really work and I knew coming in we weren't going to get masterful subtle Knots Landing plotting in two two-hour movies with almost the entire cast to use and some cameos to hammer in.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

With Back To the Cul De Sac I was happy with the range of characters they got back. Even though it was only a cameo filmed after production had ended, having Nicollette Sheridan was vital so I'm glad that happened. It was also nice to see characters like Diana and Ginger after so long. I could've done without Anne (maybe sub her for Lilimae) and more Olivia, but overall it was fine. I do wonder what the original Ann Marcus script would've been like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
4 hours ago, Chris B said:

With Back To the Cul De Sac I was happy with the range of characters they got back. Even though it was only a cameo filmed after production had ended, having Nicollette Sheridan was vital so I'm glad that happened. It was also nice to see characters like Diana and Ginger after so long. I could've done without Anne (maybe sub her for Lilimae) and more Olivia, but overall it was fine. I do wonder what the original Ann Marcus script would've been like.

Ann Marcus wrote the original script for them movie? I have never seen it but parts here and there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Community Activity

    1. 7,227

      Another World

    2. 7,227

      Another World

    3. 334

      Days of Our Lives: September 2021 Discussion Thread

    4. 7,227

      Another World

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy