Sedrick

KNOTS LANDING

I was reading some TV trivia and was surprised to see that Donna Mills auditioned and really wanted the role of Julie Kotter on Welcome Back Kotter. Another actress that really wanted the role and did an audition was Farrah Fawcett (then Majors). Supposedly you can view their tapes at Paley. 

I finally got around to 3+.  I'm at the end of 4.  My heart goes out to Ciji!  She is so sweet and it kills me the way Chip treats her.  Also, I hate that Richard's redemption seemed to have ended so quickly. 

A promo for one of the Laura/Richard-centric episodes in the first season - the one where she gives up her career for him. Poor Laura...

On 3/28/2017 at 0:34 PM, amybrickwallace said:

I had heard about Farrah being up for that role, but not Donna. I cannot see Donna as Julie Kotter at all!!

It sounds strange now to think of Donna Mills as Julie Kotter, but in 1975 it wouldn't have been strange at all.  In those days Donna usually played the good girl so it wouldn't have been jarring to see her play that part (at that time anyway).

What on earth was the point of Kenny and Ginger anyway?

Four seasons and 75 episodes - yet they made zero impact. "Night" really defines them - they go away in the beginning of the episode, then Richard takes Laura hostage and everyone on the street is fretting, it gets resolved, then seemingly Ginger and Kenny returns oblivious to what went down.

1 hour ago, te. said:

What on earth was the point of Kenny and Ginger anyway?

At the start, Kenny and Ginger were supposed to be the requisite "young marrieds," but it seems as if Gary and Val's presence made Kenny and Ginger redundant.  Which is why I never believed that David Jacobs created KL with Gary and Val in mind.  I think he more-or-less grafted them onto his original vision because CBS was looking for something to spin off from "Dallas."