KNOTS LANDING

• Members

Hallmark is a fairly big channel at this point.

To be honest with you I was surprised anyone celebrated the anniversary at all. Knots was always the less remembered soap of any of that era. It only got 2 seasons on DVD. In current pop culture it is apparently used to get gay men hard in Port Charles, and is brought up for lame "original Desperate/Real Housewives" jokes.

I haven't watched it yet but I'm glad they did something. I just wish they would invite different people on sometimes. There's something very desperate about Michele and Joan that makes me step back.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I mostly meant her role in Greg's life. That and Constance's salary, along with Julie Harris', likely went to people like Nicolette Sheridan.

I loved Laura. She was my favorite character on the show. To me she was the heart of the show. I loved how sardonic she was (at a time when this was rare to find on soaps, usually if found relegated to Angela Channing types), and yet she was also vulnerable and caring. I also liked her relationships with people like Gary that felt real and layered.

She and Ginger were both impossible to categorize the way you could with Val and Karen, and that seemed to make the show's head hurt to no end. I guess I should be happy she got as much good stuff as she did, considering that, for a show about women, Knots didn't write all that well for most women outside of Abby and Karen.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Did Falcon Crest ever come out on dvd? I always consider that the step-child of the prime time soaps. I don't think anyone under 25 would have ever even heard of it. The Knots dvds must have done poorly or else they would have released more. I wish if there wasn't a demand they would do something like kickstart it or say they will produce 1000 dvds when they get 1000 pre-orders. There are now ways to finance things if you really want to get them financed.

Edited by quartermainefan

• Members

The first three seasons of FALCON CREST have been released. The first two as normal/wide release, the third as On Demand.

FALCON CREST was extremely lucky to air following such a megahit as DALLAS. It's definitely a big part of why it went on despite its plunging writing.

KNOTS wasn't anywhere near as flashy but it really did make it on its own merits (writing, acting, directing) and held on really, really well.

Edited by YRBB

• Members

The first season of Falcon Crest was released and the second and third seasons were released on (Made to Order). I bought the three seasons and you cant tell the usa wide release form Made to Order sets which are pressed too.

Here is the link to the dvds...

http://www.wbshop.com/search.do?query=falcon+crest

• Members

I liked Laura in the eariler seasons when she was nice but it seemed during her whole time with Greg, she just seemed like she wasn't interested in much. She wasn't the happy girl she was in the first couple of seasons. I know Greg wasn't wonderful but she just didn't seem to be happy in her life in those final years. Odd because she was married to someone who respected her and he had millions. Occasinally did she show love or affections. It might have been those crazy final years with Richard (which i blame Karen for butting in and convincing Laura to go back to him.)

I would have said it was highly regarded because of Jane and Lorenzo Lamas. He was cute and he played Angela's "whipping boy" pretty well. In every season he either had a bedroom scene or a pool scene (most years probably both.) I hope the rest of the seasons come out in regular store bought coppies. MOD really is a horrible idea.