Victoria Rowell Goes Nuclear on Y&R

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She thinks Peter Bergman needs to be checked for schizophrenia. She says he doesn't understand how African American actresses have to have their hair done prior to coming to the studio and that he doesn't care about how African Americans are treated in the industry.

She had to pick the clothes that Melody Thomas Scott didn't want in wardrobe fittings.

She said Michelle Stafford spat on her, without her knowledge or approval and was forced by Sony to apologize. She says she'll never forgive Michelle for that.

Y&R has not offered her to return.

When she was doing her last contract she wanted a deal to act, write and direct. She was shot down.

• Members

Eh, this settles it, she won't be back at Y&R anytime soon, and she probably won't be at any other soap for that matter. Peter Bergman, Michelle Stafford, and even Melody Thomas Scott (the clothing comment) are not going to be happy about this.

OK, she totally came off as unprofessional in regards to Christel Khalil. I might not like Khalil as an actress, but the "valley girl" thing was a bit too much. Rowell IS the grown adult in that situation.

She also has some facts wrong. Y&R did not hit #1 after she joined (when she said that, it sounded a bit stuck-up), and it didn't hit #1 after Bergman joined. It was already the #1 soap by the time both of them were cast.

I admire her for putting her neck out there and for her work in the foster care system, but she didn't do herself any favours with this interview. I understand her need to speak out, but I don't think she went about it in the right way.

• Members

I should add, I don't condone what Stafford allegedly did to her, I found that vile and disgusting.

It's mainly the Bergman situation I'm confused about.

None of us know the real facts, there's always two sides to every story, but I agree. She sounded a bit Brenda Dickson-lite.

There has to be some reason why Tonya Lee Williams was invited back before her. She seemed a bit hurt when that part was raised.

• Members

No I would definitely agree with almost all of this.

It was very, very unprofessional on her part. But, on the other hand she is free to speak her mind on all of this issues and it seals it that she probably never wants to go back there.

I just found it very tasteless, and really what will she gain from it?

• Members

Absolutely, what Stafford allegedly did is absolutely deplorable. That goes without saying. An awful, wicked, evil thing.

The Bergman situation...yeah...if it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck...

And I can't stand Christel Khalil, she's a horrible actress, but Ms Rowell was not professional in her description of her. Her issues with the Winters family apartment...so sue me but I've always thought it was a gorgeous set!

Kim Zimmer and Brenda Dickson, to me, are two peas in a pod except one was smart enough to be relatively professional on the set. I cannot stand when actors claim to have made a show #1...first of all it's just plain inaccurate, Y&R hit #1 in '88, before Bergman and before Rowell.

And her's what slays me. I LOVE Rowell as an actress, I LOVE Dru...but I now totally understand why the cast/crew/executives wouldn't want to deal with her.

Archived