Opening sequences

Huntress

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll do some Neighbours.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

">

">

• Members

I love Home and Away's 2007 opening (the one where they complain that the singer overexagerates the language) but Neighbours closing has a better theme.

Though I will say Emmerdale 1998-2005 opening is powerful:

Here's an intro to a show that I've fallen in love with and think should have been given more of a chance (sort of the Sunset Beach of the UK):

• Members

Night And Day was awesome. Should've lasted way longer, but got screwed by the Network.

Even though it was promoted as a Sunset Beach-esque show, it was more Port Charles meets Passions. SuBe would never have delved into the world of vampires and daughter-turning-father in to a robot! That was way to freaky for SuBe.

It's just so classy. Money well spent.

• Members

As an opening sequence FREAK, I love this thread!

It seems all foreign soaps believe in having lyrics in their theme songs. I find it interesting that Passions was the only soap in recent years to do that? ABC's last one was..... Loving? OLTL before it. In America, they really didn't do any lyrics after when, the 80s (except Loving up until its transformation into The City in 1995).

I was also surprised in how much photos, photo albums, photo frames, and photo booths are incorporated into the opening sequences, as they were with Marienhof, Home & Away, and Neighbours.

Gute Zeiten, Schlechte Zeiten seems to have the most "americanized" opening, visually. I also found it interesting a couple of soaps had the actors on green screen superimposed over settings, so that the character can pop out of the setting and float toward the viewer.

I have to say I really hate most all of the Neighbours openings. They all seem like openings to cheesy sitcoms, and the theme song's lyrics were really cheesy, but luckily they cut the lyrics down in later versions.

I'd love to see more, if anyone has them...

• Members

Celebrating my favourite Mexican songwriting team - Arriaga/Murguía (cheasy, slick songs :D; I didn't know whether to put this in the telenovela thread, here or in the TV soundtracks):

">

:P

• Members

I hate the lyrics though after 20 years you become vaguely immune to them.

The worst part is that unlike Home and Away, they almost never dispense with the opening during a dramatic episode so you go from the recap into that into a bushfire or a hostage drama or a paternity reveal. In fact I think the only time they ever have done it was during the plane crash a few years ago.

A few more Aussie ones

Sons and Daughters - 1987

">

E Street - 1989

">

E Street - 1991

">

Breakers - 1998

">

Breakers - 1999

">

headland - 2005

The Young Doctors - 1979

• Members

OMG, Sons & Daughters! The Young Doctors! I loved those shows (when I was really little, we lived in England and those shows were on at, like, 3.30pm) -- especially S&D which was a neurotic trashfest. Pat the Rat!

S&D had the most soapy, spooky background music, too. That opening theme is a classic.

• Members

Verbotene Liebe (2002-2003)

The only characters that are still on the show these days are Arno, Charlie, Olli (absent from 2002-2007) and Elisabeth.

Marienhof (2002-2003)

Unter uns (2003-2004)

Sturm der Liebe (Telenovela, third cycle 2008)

">

Archived