Edge of Night (EON) (No spoilers please)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Stephanie Martin was terrorizing Nicole, but ended up getting stabbed in the back (literally) and killed. Nicole found the body, and without thinking, pulled out the knife (at the insistence of Stephanie's mute daughter, Debbie, who suddenly found her voice long enough to scream, "Pull it out! Pull it out!" 

With her fingerprints all over the murder weapon, and with the police not believing that the mute Debbie could have spoken, Nicole went on trial for Stephanie's murder. 

Another excellent mystery/suspense saga, woven by the masterful Henry Slesar.

• Members

Oh yes. I was fortunate enough to be an avid soap watcher throughout the genre's glory years. I watched all the greats: Henry Slesar's TEON, William J. Bell's DAYS and Y&R, Pat Falken Smith's DAYS and GH, Agnes Nixon's AW, TGL, AMC and OLTL, Douglas Marland's GH, Irna Phillip's ATWT, Harding Lemay's AW, Claire Labine's LoL and R'sH...the list is endless. 

As I have mentioned before, the writing used to be so great in the 1950s, '60s, and '70s,  did not even realize at the time how blessed and spoiled I was too see the master writers at the top of their game. I believed that soaps would always be well-written, adult, and thought-provoking. Little did I know that viewers would eventually end up going from William J. Bell to Charles Pratt, from Irna Phillips to Jean P., from Pat Falken Smith to James Reilly. AAAAAAGH!!!!

• Members

One woman was married to a man in Monticello at that time who was in love with her. The other woman had been married to a man Nicole had had an affair with or something. I think he had died and she blamed Nicole. 

I would pay money to see that storyline.