Edge of Night (EON) (No spoilers please)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That episode aired in mid-August 1983. The following week saw characters beginning to move into the Isis building and the introduction of Willie Aames as Robbie Hamlin, perhaps even the opening of Edge's new title sequence and revised theme song. According to the Edge homepage, we don't even see Louis Van Dine (the limping man with the mask) until late September. There's lots of action in the coming months -- people going insane, murders, a suicide, torture, mind control. We meet Louis' sister Alicia and his henchman Donald Hext. It all culminates in November when Monticello's he men storm the Isis building.

• Members

Willie was there for about 13 weeks. Robbie managed the Video Disco and created problems for Jody and Preacher.

I grew up in East Brunswick, NJ, which is where EON executive producer Erwin Nicholson lived. I recall my elementary school had an auction in 1985. I found out about it after the fact and was so disappointed: an autographed copy of the final script was one of the auction items. Nicholson taped scenes in East Brunswick in 1978…April's car accident was filmed there.

• Members

Oh Lord. Aug-Sept 1982... the Eden story. One of Edge's worst (but still a lot more bearable than most of what's on today... lol)

Lori Loughlin made this story easy to swallow. Very easy on the eyes back then, as she is today.

What made this easy to take as well was the Nora Fulton story was next, and that was one of the best stories of the final few years.

• Members

Not really. Unlike GL with that God-awful island, I don't recall Edge actually taking us to Eden. And I don't think it had anything to do with disliking royalty stories. The story just wasn't interesting or compelling. It started off with potential, but then fell apart and was boring as can be. The actors who played Pietro and Viva, who kidnapped Jody, were very good but both got killed off. A major part of the problem was the very weak actor (Mark Andrews) that they cast as Chad Sutherland, who was critical to the story. He was painful to watch, drug the story down, and had no chemistry with Lori Loughlin's Jody. It just got worse as time went on with Edge using stock footage of a renaissance faire as the story played out to its conclusion. I lost interest and nearly gave up on Edge but watched the story play out to its absurd (Jody getting shot with a crossbow) yet boring conclusion. Thankfully, Chad was shipped back to Eden and Andrews was dropped from the cast.

• Members

Raven's false imprisonment or Raven being tricked by the Whitney acting troup is often said by fans of The Edge of Night as one of the worst storylines.

However, compared to the Eden storyline and the Ian Deveraux storyline, I think that it was quite good. I was a teacher at the time that the show was airing, and I could no wait to get home every afternoon to see how those characters who were involved were going to trick Raven.

Craig Augestine as Johnny was one of my favorite actors/characters on The Edge of Night.