Edge of Night (EON) (No spoilers please)

• Members

I'm sure this was the reason...wasn't sure if it was an actor's choice, though. The first Molly reminded me of Helga, Dimitri's maid when Natalie was down in the well on AMC. I think this new Molly is much more likeable and from my speculation, seems to be more in tune with where the story is heading. (Kirk/Draper and Emily have only been in Monticello a few epis where I'm at now). Thanks for not spoiling!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm sitting here watching EON, I'm on epi #6282 and this babooming soundtrack comes on. Not the EON theme I'm used to! LOL, does anyone know if there was a particular reason for the updated theme song? New producer?

• Members

Kind of a jarring change, isn't it? lol

This was the first of the P&G soaps to undergo a facelift to the opening and closing credits. Most of the shows didn't do their facelifts until late 1981, when AW, ATWT, Search and GL all pretty much changed their openings at the same time and Texas changed theme songs.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

When I was a little kid, EON was the first soap I ever saw. Even then, I was intrigued by the "mystery" elements of it. I must have watched a much-earlier time than those of you posting, though. When I watched, the stars were Mike Karr and his new wife Nancy. I remember names like Martha Marceau, Cookie Capice, Orrin Hillyer and Adam Drake. The storyline I remember best was the Stephanie Martin murder case, where everyone in town had a motive to kill the psycho Stephanie. Nicole Travis was the prime suspect. It was mystery at its best, and Donald May (Adam) and Maeve McGuire (Nicole) had chemistry in spades!

• Members

Out of curiosity, who were the main players at the end of the series. What were some of the last storylines of the show? What about some of the workplaces, the people who worked there, etc.

I'm kinda considering a fan fiction of TEON and SFT but I need to get a lot of facts down before I can even consider it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Sky & Raven Whitney. They were raising their baby daughter (Jasmine, I wanna say was her name) as well as Raven's young son, Jamie Swift. Last scene of the show I believe was Sky & Raven finding a sword on their doorstep. I think they briefly had a detective agency but that ended before the show did. And Raven was more heroine than villainess towards the end.

Jodi and Preacher were not together at the end; they had broken up and he was taking off with Liz Correll (sp?) (played by Marcia Cross) and Jodi got involved with (I think his name was) Jeremy. After Nicole's death, Dr. Miles Cavanagh married Beth Correll (Liz's sister). My memory is a bit spotty but I think Beth was a shrink and did a radio show. Detectives that were still around I think were Chris Egan (female), Damien Tyler, Calvin Stoner (who, after his wife Star died, found love again with lawyer Didi Bannister, although I'm not sure if they were still together by the end). There was Cliff Nelson and Mitzi. Mike and Nancy Karr. Geraldine.

:::Sigh::: After all this time of waiting for when Larkin Malloy began on the show, AOL Video goes kaput. :(

Edited by applcin

• Members

She didn't turn into April. :P But she did get less selfish. She became a better mother to Jamie and when Logan returned to town, he ended up falling in love with her again, rather obsessively trying to get her away from her husband but she stayed with Sky. There's a nice scene up on youtube where Raven is basically breaking Logan's heart but trying to do it gently. Unfortunately, right after that, Logan got murdered and Raven was wrongly accused.

Edited by applcin

• Members

LOL. Funny you should mention, I didn't mind April nearly as much as the long suffering, holier-than-thou heroine. I thought Terry Davis was great in the role and she exuded alot of "woe is me," but she also played the character with sexuality and presence instead of just whining her way through every line. April had some spunk to her, but that may have been because I started tuning in during the middle of the whole Draper Scott/Emily Michaels held captive story. I need to look for the rest of the Edge episodes to watch them all in order.

The good girls characters I hated way more were Deborah Saxon, Nicole, and especially Jody. Frances Fisher was good as Deborah, but the character just never seemed to have a life of her own. I never got to know what happened to Nicole(because AOL pulled the reruns off their channel), but she was a mess too with her mysterious illness. Zzzzzzzz. And don't even get me started on Jody. I think alot of it though has to do with my Lori Loughlin hate. I only knew her as Aunt Becky on Full House, so I didn't know what to expect really, but DAMN, she sucks on EDGE. The girl just whines through EVERY SINGLE SCENE. Even if the story doesn't call for it. It's like, "Oh well...I'm having a burger with you Kelly" "Oh Kelly, your puppets are wonderful." Everything was with this whiny, nails on a chalkboard voice. Damnit, she was terrible! I can't get over it. I can never look at her the same way again. And all the other younger actors on the show weren't great, but they weren't BAD either(love Allen Fawcett and his blond afro-puff).

I just love how bad of a mother Raven was. You'd never see a character like that, so unapologetic and so nasty, become the lead on a soap today. I like how even up to the end, she was plotting a way to abscond with Baby Jamie to get her hands on her mother's estate. And Geraldine stops her right in her tracks. LOL.

Edited by bellcurve

• Members

Oh, I couldn't stand April and Draper. They bored me to tears. :lol: I only saw the last few years of the show when it was originally broadcast, so I only saw them towards the tail end before they ended up leaving but I was bored by them then and just as bored by them now when I watched the videos. I thought of that triangle as drippy Draper and his drippy women.

I hadn't seen Deborah before the videos. Part of me liked her because she was a female cop. Another part of me found her indecisive, something of a tease, and letting her personal feelings towards Raven interfere with her job (course, Derek Mallory did the same thing!). Nicole does not die from the illness, and the actress was actually replaced. And, yeah, LL was gone before the show ended. In retrospect, her replacement reminds me of a young Laura Koffman type.

I actually liked Gavin (I prefer dark hair) and his unibrow. :P

Someone mentioned on the Soap World board that she was the female Eliot Dorn and I agree. The way she was written then was usually reserved for a male character. Using sex to get what she wanted without really forming an attachment. Being totally consumed by whatever she needed at a given moment. Having no parental instinct whatsoever. She used men as a means to an end until they didn't really serve her purpose anymore. It was actually a bit jarring to me to see how antagonistic she and Geraldine were to each other when in the last years, they loved each other like mother and daughter.

Edited by applcin

• 1 month later...