Y&R: Chloe IS ******'s Daughter!

• Members

Esther gets a surprise reunion with her daughter, Kate, when it's revealed that Chloe is her offspring.

After Cane and a pregnant Chloe elope, Jill throws them a wedding reception at the Chancellor estate. Chloe tries to back out, but eventually gives in and attends. There, Esther is shocked to learn that her daughter is Cane's baby mama.

"Esther hasn't seen Chloe yet, so she doesn't realize that she and Kate are the same person," explains Kate Linder. "She's always liked Lily, so before Chloe shows up, she's going on about how Chloe got pregnant to hold on to Cane. When she sees her daughter there - and that Kate is pregnant - she's floored. I was shocked too! I had no idea about this reveal."

So, why all the secrecy from Chloe? "She's embarrassed by Esther," sighs Linder. "She didn't tell her mom she's been in town... she's even changed her name! Esther's very hurt. She's totally ashamed of Esther, which is really hard for her."

Still, Esther tries to embrace the fact that she's going to be a grandmother - with Jill. "Jill is not happy about it chuckles Linder. "That sends Jill over the edge. There's a great scene where Esther pulls her into a hug and Jill's like, 'Oh, my God.' It's hilarious."

Jill urges Cane to divorce Chloe and pay her to leave town. Meanwhile, Esther attempts to mend fences with her daughter. "Esther comes to Crimson Lights in her maid's uniform and Chloe is mortified," says Linder. "She's ready to die. Esther doesn't even know what to call her; she calls her 'Kate' and Chloe's like, 'It's not Kate!' She just can't stand her mother, which is sad."

While they're speaking, Lily overhears Chloe call Esther "Mom" and wonders if her rival manipulated the entire situation with Cane. Chloe later arrives at the Chancellor estate and announces that she's moving in.

"What's great about this story is that it affects so many people," praises Linder. "Remember, Katherine is Kate's godmother and will be the great-grandmother of her baby. So now Jill, Esther and Katherine are involved in this together. There are so many things to explore and I can't wait."

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To bad they couldn't have made Chloe Nina's long lost daughter that was stolen, don't know how her true parentage could have been revealed but it would have made great story and been a way to bring Nina and Phlllip the 4th back to town......

Edited To Add: Oops I looked up Nina's character and saw that it was a son that was stolen way back when, I guess they could always change part of that story too..... :mellow:

• Members

This is a 100% perfect description of my feelings. I was upset when I first heard this (why wouldn't Kay have recognized her?)...but every day that I think about this story---and Jill and Esther connected by blood and marriage---I live it more and more and more. Pure fun! "Daughter of a maid who was never there for her" goes a long way toward dialing Chloe back from the psycho edge. The acquisitiveness and covetousness that Hendricksen played from her first day fits perfectly with this "entering through the service entrance" backstory. And finally, both Chloe and Esther are "quirky", with high pitched little voices. Works for me! Can't wait!

• Members

Wasn't Blake introduced similarly on GL in the late 80's? I knew it was never the plan to make Blake be Christina Thorpe, but when Pam Long came back, that's exactly what she did and it was a good story and actually worked. Blake had been on the canvas for a few months by that time.

This could work too, it's obviously a ret-con, but if they play the dramatic value in a right way and attempt to incorporate a backstory on why Chole is the way she is and why she's ashamed of Esther, it could be a convincing enough story.

When was the last Katherine mentioned seeing Kate? With all the SOARS-ing that goes on in soaps, they could just say that Katherine last saw her years ago, and Kate AKA Chole was a little girl that looked differently. A little convoluted, but they have to play every string to this.

Archived