Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Antoyne

DAYS:Chloe Lane

^I agree, a little.

NO i dont expect greatness - but i do expect for ana ctress or actor to be able to play a char and bring them to life. Not stand there reading lines.

Her lastest return has been terrible. I can't watch her on the show anymore. I will always be a Broe fan but the character was so much better in the teens years when all of the teens were really great.

All I hear the character do is scream, cry and wine about herself.

Well, I disagree with you. Do you think Phloe and Broe would have such large fanbases if she wasn't a good actress?

large online voacal fanbses? yes.

i mean.. look at shelle. theyw ere bigger in fanbase world than either of chloe's pairings - and kirsten and jason could not act all that great at the time.

I think Nadia definitely stepped up her game when she returned, and I feel like whatever she felt off-camera (based on the few interviews I read where she was a little confused by Chloe's return), she definitely worked harder in those first few months than I'd ever seen her work before. She was invigorated, and clearly enjoyed playing Chloe's newfound strength, and the mystery around Brady coupled with her distaste of Belle and the predicament she had gotten herself in while Chloe was in Europe. They were clearly setting the foundation for blowing up the Belle/Chloe friendship, and setting up a "frenemy" rivalry between Belle and Chloe which would have worked great on Chloe's end (with Brady being Belle's brother) and on Belle's end, torn between Philip and Shawn.

But once the writing transition happened and Chloe went back to being a doormat, I felt like Nadia basically gave up and started phoning it in again. The Brady drug-addict twist did her no favors, and now she's just doing what she did ten years ago - following Philip around like a lovesick teenager. Which is a shame. I don't think Nadia's going to be the next Beverlee McKinsey, but I felt like "vindictive" was a much sexier color on her than "wishy-washy".

Absolutely perfect post. I just wonder what it's going to take for it to even appear that Nadia slightly cares again ya know?