July 28 - August 1, 2008

Toups

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

RC is miles ahead of JP as a writer. JP is not even in the same ballpark.

As to whichever of them is winning in the ratings. Ratings have never been a measure of quality. They are the same as box office records for movies. Often the poorest quality trash pulls in big numbers at the box office, and a high quality movie will not.

Ratings just measure who is tuning in and what they are tuning in for.

I'm not watching either show right now but if I was I would choose from OLTL of the two. JP ruined ATWT for me many months ago.

Just throwing this out there, but I have noticed in these weekly things when someone drops a lot lately there are disruptions in areas. Was GH preempted anywhere last week?

I am not watching but just wondering if that had anything to do with the big drop?

• Members

I agree with you, but I never like to see any soaps drop regardless of their situation. This is a bad time for soaps to be reaching new lows. Y&R dropped and executives did something about it so I'm hoping they'll do that with GH.

When Night Shift is better than you right now, that's embarrassing.

The whole fashion scene on GH doesn't fit in with the show, this is not B&B or AMC. They need to make some changes to GH. The mob stuff they can keep b/c its the one soap that moves fast and if I want to watch slow love scenes I'll watch the CBS soaps for that.

The problem with GH is there's no balance on the show.

• Members

I would take OLTL over DAYS/ATWT ANY DAMN DAY.

If you look at the show as a whole OLTL is the only soap that has actually look into it's history. While DAYS/ATWT continue writing crappy storylines. OLTL quailty wise is the BEST. Also its the only soap that I do not FF through. OLTL has rootable couples and characters where as DAYS/ATWT have very little. JP sucks. No matter what she SUCKS! She was horrible at AMC and she is worse at ATWT. She needs to go ASAP! With DAYS I get board so easily. But I'm happy when a soap jumps.

AMC deserves it's drop! Until TPTB realize that we need a break from Kendall/Zach/Annie/Ryan/Greenlee/Aidan this show will not improve quality an rating wise. Look during the Angie/Jesse wedding AMC ratings were okay. I think it was 2.1 (Which is not good, but still better than 1.9), but the writers should know that VETS come frist. I hope Pratt realizes that the VETS need to be front and center. We need Erica, Adam, Tad, Angie, Jesse, ect........

GH deserves it fall also! Its MOB AFTER MOB AFTER MOB. The only reason why I watch is because of the Scrubs and LuSam. Everything else is Zzz...We blame Pratt for bring mob to the show but Guza and JFP keep on writing mob material.

Y&R desevers its jump. It was good last week. Character driven scenes! That's what we need.

Good for B&B and Y&R for the only two soaps to rise from last year.

• Members

Glad to see Days get a bump, they are actually starting to deserve the bumps now..And if ratings follow quality and exciting stuff happening we should get a nice bump this week with Stefano's return, Marlena being attacked and Bo/Hope's wonderful renewal ceremony..Pretty much the entire cast has been featured this week..

The only thing alarming for last week is the 1.7 on fridays show, after solid ratings the other day..But looking at Y&R, they dropped on friday also..

• Members

From where I am sitting, ATWT is at least trying to make things better. They are trying to fix the show. Using history is great to tell new stories, but that isn't what OLTL is doing. All Ron does is redo old stories. Every single story is a complete and total rip off of a previous story. Hell, a 10 year old can plug in new characters into old stories. Where is his vision. As for OLTL having rootable couples and characters, I disagree. Rex and Gigi are mediocre on a good day (and 1968 is definitely not a good day). Todd and Blair are old and tired and need a break and Starr and Cole suck. Those seem to be the only couples that matter on OLTL and I could care less about any of them.

OLTL is getting the ratings it deserves.

• Members

I know what ALL MY CHILDREN needs to boost ratings (especially since she's been on all three of their shows):

Robin_Christopher.jpg

Skye Chandler to come back and kick some ass. (Even OLTL could use her. Loved the Blair/Todd/Skye storyline. GH could use her, too. Robin Christopher gave the show some class. There's just something very sophisticated and aristocratic about her that very few actresses in daytime possess).

Of course, they'd probably not write for her, or write poorly for her, so I guess she should stay away.

• Members

This is where I have to disagree with you. Yes, a soap will "try" to get better but in a week or two it sucks. Look at AMC for example. From The last two weeks of May it was EXCELLENT. After that it got back to it's crappy self. OLTL is the most consistant soap on the air right now. RC is a great writer and I love his work. OLTL actually has storyline for its VETS. Look the VETS at OLTL get ALOT of screentime. Viki/Dorian ect are on 3-4 times a week.

But everyone has their own opinion and I respect you.

• Members

Y&R's daily ratings are interesting. Y&R starts off the week strong and as the week goes along more and more people tune out so by Friday Y&R returns to its new average weekly rating of 3.6. Promos and stunts only work for short time as the audience tunes back out and switch the channel. LML used to have the same thing happen with her stunts until Out of the Ashes flopped. We'll see what happens next with Y&R.

• Members

The show (AMC) was relatively balanced for this rating week, no character aired in more than 3 episodes except for Angie, Jesse and Cassandra. The storylines pretty much suck, and they always do - that's a big problem.

• Members

Yow AMC has lost more viewers than any other soap on the air.

If all 2 of the ABC soaps hitting 1.9 and other just a 2.0 doesn't get Frons fired, then NOTHING will........

Soapsy that's not even actually true ;) Kendall hasn't even been on that much, she was barely in the top 5 in episode counts for last month, same with Zach. Who was leading? Ryan/Annie/Greenlee. We got alot of Jesse with barely any Angie.

What's the focus right now? Ryan's sperm/Crazy Annie/Greenlee's love life and then the "who killed Richie" stuff

Interesting, but somehow they aren't blamed, but people who are barely on are LOL. Yep the storylines suck, nothing is working

Archived